cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good book on set analysis??

Hi all,

I am desperate for a good book on set analysis for QLIK. I am not just looking for beginner, I need something that will help me develop advanced measures like a dynamic average cost (i.e. a measure that will give average cost over the last x days, or x months, or x years, depending on what the analyst drops into the chart. )

for example, a QLIK consultant left behind a measure that looks like this>>

Num(

(Sum({$ <

[Status Year]=

,[Status Day]={"<=$(=Date($(vMaxSelectedOPDate)))"}

,[Status Month]=

,[Status MonthYear]={"$(=Date($(vMaxSelectedOPMth),'MMM-YYYY'))"}

,[Status Quarter]=

,[Status QuarterYear]=

,[Status Weekday Name]=

,[Status WeekNum]=

,[OrgNode Test Flag 1]=$(vDefaultOrgNodeTestFlag1)

>}

[Total Count W/Test])

/

Sum({$ <

[Status Year]=

,[Status Day]={"<=$(=Date($(vPriorSelectedOPDate)))"}

,[Status Month]=

,[Status MonthYear]={"$(=Date($(vPriorSelectedOPYrMth),'MMM-YYYY'))"}

,[Status Quarter]=

,[Status QuarterYear]=

,[Status Weekday Name]=

,[Status WeekNum]=

,[OrgNode Test Flag 1]=$(vDefaultOrgNodeTestFlag1)

>}

[Total Count W/Test])

)

,'0.0%')

I want something that can explain what is happening with all these "[field name] = " stuff and why it is blank after the "=" and how this whole thing works.  Any recommendations?

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

This can be a good starting point:

Set Analysis: syntaxes, examples

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks this helps

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Christopher,

sorry for being late to respond on your question... May I suggest my book QlikView Your Business ? I firmly believe that this book is a great source of deep technical knowledge on Set Analysis, Advanced Aggregation, and many other advanced techniques in QlikView.

The book is taking the reader through 3 business cases - Sales Analysis, Profitability Analysis, and Inventory Analysis. In each one of the business cases, Set Analysis is part of the conversation - starting from the basics, then moving to intermediate level concepts, and then digging a lot deeper into advanced techniques.

Many QlikView and Qlik Sense developers who touched the book so far, have been vocal about their learning experiences - you can read their reviews on Amazon, following this link.

Also, if you can make it to on of the upcoming sessions of Masters Summit for Qlik, you can learn Set Analysis directly from me. My half-day lecture on Set Analysis and AGGR doesn't leave any stones unturned on this subject.

enjoy!

Oleg Troyansky

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thaks Oleg...btw. when will you host a Masters Summit in the US? Not sure I can get to Munich next month.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Oleg is on vacation so I'll answer for him. The next Masters Summit in the US will be Boston on October or November. We expect to announce the exact date in April.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Rob - thanks for covering for me while I was away!

The date for the next Masters Summit in the US has been set! Mark your calendars - October 23-25 in Boston, MA.

We brought a lot of new content to Munich, and it was very well received by the audience. About half of our materials were completely renewed. We are adding more and more Sense content as we go.

see you in Boston this fall!

Oleg Troyansky

Check out my book QlikView Your Business: An expert guide to Business Discovery with QlikView and Qlik Sense