cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Florentin74
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Cannot reload "cache" meta data from Qlikview qvp path in Nprinting 17.3x

I have been trying to add a connection to a Qlikview document that is placed on <Qlikview03>.. The Nprinting installation is on another server (with a single engine on the same server <NprintingServer1>...

On the connection, I have chosen :

Source: Qlikview

Type : Server

and the qvp path : qlikview03/Sales_TEST_EMPTY3.qvw

The connection is created, and the connection status is OK ...

It starts or attempts to generate the App Cache, but after quite some time the error:

Error Request has been purged due to connection errors

The schedular log says:

Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler 17.3.0.0 Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler.Service.LoadBalancer 20170308T090644.713+01:00 WARN SENSE03  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Connection navigator=qlikview;documentpath=qvp://qlikview03/Sales_TEST_EMPTY3.qvw has reached ERROR status

If I copy the same document to the local nprinting server.. The metadata (app cache) is generated fine...

Is it firewall?? What should I do...

Please help...

If I use : Local as type, and then use UNC path it works.. But takes a long time, and sometimes fails..

Regards,

Anders

7 Replies
woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Did you reload the QlikView app via the QMC?

This can help.

edtd2013
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I had the same error, but the log maybe is different.

After setting the connection to QVP, I restart my computer.

Then reload metadat. it's sucessed.

I thought maybe it something wrong about peer to peer.

bhargav_bhat
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Anders,

I am facing the same issue,did you find any solution for it

Regards,

Bhargav

Florentin74
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the input. But it did not help... Still it is not able to fetch the metadata..

I will just use "local" and then the UNC path.. But will this work in combination with On-Demand..

Regards,

Anders

mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Anders,

try connecting to the QV server directly from QV Desktop on the NP machine. If that works it is not firewall.

Also enable more detailed logging. Hopefuly it will give you more information. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.3/Content/Troubleshooting/Troubleshooting.htm

I had similar problem with generating cache when I used QV Desktop 12 on the NP Server to connect to QV11.2 sever.

After I downgraded the client the cache is generated without problems (it seems that the SR Version does not have to be exactly the same).

BR,

Matus

bhargav_bhat
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Matus,

I have  installed QV desktop 12.1 SR 3 installed in  NP machine and I have successfully managed to connect it with QV server with version 12.0 and also I followed the steps mentioned in the below link where they have mentioned the three things

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.3/Content/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/Create-Connec...

1) NP user should be in the Qlikview Administrator group in the QV server

2) NTFS authorisation needed to be checked

3)QV desktop should be  licensed version

I am able to connect to the QV server through QV desktop  using qvp connection

Thanks & Regards,

Bhargav

Florentin74
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply... No... Still not... I am using UNC path still.

Regards,

Anders