Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mg_gsi_da
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense 3.2.1 Library issue/error using filelist mask

Hi,

we recently installed Qlik Sense Server 3.2.1 and are actually testing the functionality of our Apps.

Today I expected a large issue with our applications.

As usual we are using Libs to load files from folders. For example a list of all files from a specific folder. We are doing that with a 'for each' loop.

Example:

for each vFile in filelist ('[lib://Rohdaten (user_xyz)/SAP\Rohdaten\*qvd]')

If you trace the variable vFile you recently (3.1.4) got

lib://Rohdaten (user_xyz) /SAP\Rohdaten\20170308_example.qvd  //take care of the backslash in red

using 3.2.1 we now get

lib://Rohdaten (user_xyz) /SAP/Rohdaten/example.qvd  //the backslash turns into a slash

This causes a lot of trouble to us since we use the backslash as separator in function subfield. i.e.

Load

date(date#(subfield(subfield('$(vFile)','\',-1),'_',1),'YYYYMMDD')) as Datum

,subfield(subfield(subfield('$(vFile)','\',-1),'_',-1),'.',1) as Datei

AutoGenerate(1);

I used 'Standard' mode and 'Legacy' mode getting the same result. I also deleted the lib and recreated it. No success. The Apps still work well with 3.1.4 but fail in 3.2.1

The only solution was to not use the Lib but a concrete path. Of course only in Legacy mode

for each vFile in filelist ('E:\Sense_Data\Rohdaten\SAP\Rohdaten\*qvd')

Trace then shows

E:\Sense_Data\Rohdaten\SAP\Rohdaten\20170308_example.qvd

Is this a known issue?

6 Replies
mg_gsi_da
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Meanwhile a support ticket has been issued

#01038051 - slash sign instead of backslash sign during the load process in the lib statement

jaisoni_trp
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Michael, did you hear from support on this? We are also planning to upgrade the environment to 3.2.1 and would be good to know if its a bug.

mg_gsi_da
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Jai,

this issue is still in discussion between Qlik Support and our Qlik Partner. If you login to Qlik Support you may look into the case# directly to track it.

mg_gsi_da
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Meanwhile we got a final response from Qlik.

"FileList and DirList has been changed with purpose, before returning the result they will modify paths that are not formated according to standards

This works as designed, it is an intended change. The FileList command will make adjustments to paths that are not formated correctly (such as a mix of backslashes and frontslashes)"

Not sure if they got the issue right. As to be seen in my initial post the mix of slashes is caused by the lib. The only required change would be to remove the leading frontslash at the beginning or change to backslah. But definitely not to modify all the windows standard backslash to frontslash.

[lib://Rohdaten (user_xyz)/SAP\Rohdaten\*qvd]'

So it seems that all users need to accept to update all their apps.

I couldn't understand why they confuse the library in a way which is now different from windows standard. If it would be provided as an option (to be used in Linux) could be ok.

If you simply use load functions you may not be impacted. Since we work with concrete paths strings and separators this is a nightmare.

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hello Michael,

I am interested in a workaround/solution you used to solve the issue. If I got this right, you only needed to replace the backslash sign to forward slash sign in the corresponding subfield function. Is that correct?

Thanks.

mg_gsi_da
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello

this might work for that specific script. But you may face issues woth other load statements using parts of the filepath. So be careful and do sometesting. It will most likely not produce any error message but just does not the expected

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Best regards

Michael

Am 24.07.2017 1:04 nachm. schrieb Juraj Misina <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>: