Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikSense 3.2 QlikView Converter tools doesn't load the data?

Hello all,

I was trying out the new QlikView converter tool that comes with QlikSense 3.2 and indeed I got it to work and create visualizations and master items.

I was surprised however to find that no data was loaded when using the tool. Which I think is a bit strange since there was already the possibility of converting only the data from View to Sense. Is this working as intended or I am doing something wrong? And if is working as intended what should the correct / best way to also have the data?

Thanks for the attention,

Best Regards

4 Replies
dionverbeke
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

For me the data loads, but I had issues with different sorting and titles not shown correctly.

Also moving from 3.2 Desktop to 3.2 Server somehow looses visualisations...

I still see it as a good first step in the right direction.

Kind Regards,

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi

I don't see such problem, how big your qlikview file size?

1st can you try with sample data and make sure feature working in your end

refer to the attached sample, i have tried to convert from .qvw to .qvf and it's working

My environment:

Qlik Sense 3.2. SR1

for the qlikview to sense convertor link refer to below link

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.1/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/create-app-from-document.htm

Hope this helps

Regards,

Deva

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thanks for the answer and for the test files.

The file in question was around 20 MB, so I imagine it's okay.

Thanks for the step by step tutorial, however it is what I was already doing, and trying with your example files the results I obtain are the same: visualizations get converted but the data is not in the app.

The only thing different is that I am trying it in the server 3.2 version. I would try in the desktop but I can't access the 3.2 free version yet. Taking into account the other reply above, maybe it is a server edition problem?

Best Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback! Good to see that is working well.

Yes, actually I am trying it in the server so maybe it is a server edition issue? Will try it in the desktop version once I can access the 3.2 version.

Best Regards