Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Upgrade from 11.2 SR12 to SR15 but want bug fix in SR13

I am looking to do an upgrade from version 11.2 SR12 to the 11.2 SR15

BUT there is a bug fix in SR13 that I really need to be fixed.

My question is, when you upgrade to a higher SR, does it install all of the bug fixes from the lower SR?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Ideally the bug should be fixed in later versions unless it got reintroduced for some weird reason.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

Ideally the bug should be fixed in later versions unless it got reintroduced for some weird reason.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

I can attest that in QlikView, bug fixes are cumulative, so a bug fix found in 11.20 SR13 will be present in 11.20 SR15. If you know the Bug ID number or Bug ID description, have a look at the Release Notes for 11.20 SR15.

Hope this helps

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

That is what I was hoping. I just wanted to make sure, just in case.

Thank you!

crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Yes, I went through all the release notes from SR13 to SR15 and the bug fix only shows up in SR13. The Release Notes after SR13 didn't have the full list like 13 did for some reason. But hopefully, it will still be fixed in SR15.

Thank you!

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Do you have the bug ID handy? I may be able to verify for you. Thanks.

crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Yes, I do (see below). We are still preparing to do the update, so it would be wonderful to know for sure if this is fixed in later versions before we install those versions. Thank you!

Bug# 69884: Can't load xlsx file

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Crystle,

Yeah, per Release Notes for 11.20 SR13 (see page 19 on the attached Release Notes), bug 69884: Can't load xlsx file is fixed in this version. As bug fixes are cumulative, the bug is resolved for future releases as well. There's always a chance that a bug could be deprecated in future releases, so if you do run into the issue in the later releases, please contact Qlik Support to work through the defect process with support and R&D.

Would highly suggest that you consider upgrading to 11.20 SR16 instead of SR 15.

Hope this helps

-Chip

crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you Chip! And I will see about upgrading to 16 instead of 15 for our upgrade next week.

Thanks again!

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Crystle,

make sure you read the release notes first there is a significant change to the quarantine period of named AND doc cals, though the release notes didn't mention DOC cals last time I looked.

Forewarned is forearmed

Andy