cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

qlikview ntfs security

Hi everybody,

I have a question regarding ntfs security.

I'm a member of the Administrators group on the server. This group has been given rights for a qlikview file and i am able to see the file on the access point. So this is what i would expect.

When I remove the Administrators (from the list of users and groups that have rights for the file) and instead add another local group, then i suddenly can't see the file on the access point - eventhouh i am a member of this group as well.

Can someoby help with this? Is it not possible to assign rights to a file in this way?

Best regards,

Michael

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That is exactly what I have already done. The group has been given rights to folder and the file.

I have removed all inheritance so I only have the explicit rights given to this group where i'm a member.

Yep it's not very intuitive.

/Michael

marcus_sommer

I think I'm out of ideas. Maybe pcammaert could be give a hint.

- Marcus

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Add the new group in which you are a member to the security list of the folder containing the document that already has this group included in the security list of the file properties. The folder may need other permissions than the simple Read-access required for files to be visible/accessible in the AccessPoint.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Peter.. The new Group is already added to the security list of the folder with full control.

It is so frustrating. I don't se the difference of using an administrator Group where i'm a member or my username explicitly.

Can I control the visibility of applications in another way?

The problem is that I want to publish an application, but just a few of the users with a Named User Cal should be able to access/see the aplication. I thought I could create a local user Group with these users and add this Group alone to the security list. But as you can understand that is not working as expected......

/Michael

marcus_sommer

I'm not absolutely sure but I think the recommended way to assign access rights goes over folders which are parallel to eachother - this meant to use separate folders for each different access without nesting folders and/or assigning access rights to files - to avoid potential troubles with the complexity of the active directory. Maybe this is here a bit exaggerating but it should hint in the right direction ...

Beside them and if only one or few applications are affected which meant it would be need a lot of efforts to change the general access-control you could use section access with the control of the list of documents in the access point (document properties in tab server on the bottom right area). For this you need only ACCESS and NTNAME within the section access without a connection to the datamodel - anyone who's not listed there won't see the application.

- Marcus