Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Installing qlik sense on single machine, windows services don't start

Hi,

I have installed qlik sense on a single machines, it completes successfully, when I click on Info, I get one error:

Repository failed to start

I checked the windows event logs and got this error:

The description for Event ID 300 from source Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

CProcessManager::FileExists: FindFirstFileW failure (3); The system cannot find the path specified.

Target = ..\CapabilityService\index.js

I tried to install again, it didn't work. I tried to use the "repair" feature from installation and didn't help.

Anyone has any suggestion to fix this ? I even increased the timeout for windows services to 5 minutes, although it's clear that this error won't allow the services to start.

Thank you

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you attached the log file of the repository service?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Where do I find it ? Has it even been created ?

Not applicable
Author

I guess that this is what you were looking for...

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That looks like the installation log. Check in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\ for log files containing error messages.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

There is no such of folder created yet. The services have never started. Out of the 7 windows services that were created only QlikSenseRepositoryDatabase started and runs as local system unlike the other 6 that are setup to run as domain account as per my option during the installation.

I also QlikSenseServiceDispatcher started. The rest of the services are failing to start.