Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Alternative charting tools

Hi Everyone,

Is anyone out there successfully using alternative tools for charting through the extensions capability?  I.e more asthetically pleasing charts such as fusion charts or anything else.

I'm really interested in viewing some examples.

Thanks,

Gareth

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You can have a look at GeoQlik which uses the extension feature to display thematic maps in QlikView documents. There is a demo available at: http://qonnections.geoqlik.com

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I too have been exploring altenative charting  and I did see the GeoQlik demo which is pretty impressive. As a developer  I am interested in obtaining a trial license but I notice nowhere on thier website the ability to download a trial version Any suggestions  on how to obtain a copy for evaluation.

Mike

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gareth,

I've added a Fusion Charts Free extension example to the "amMap & FusionMaps Integration " topic on this forum. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Regards,

Dan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dan,

Thanks for that example, very helpful.  I notice that the colours and settings are all coded into the extension file.  In your opinion what do you make of the feasibility of replacing all charts in a QV report with FusionCharts?  I can imagine if I created 3 documents, all with different colour schemes and several different chart types (maps, bar, line, etc...) then I would have to build up an extensive network of extension files, do you agree?

Thanks

gareth

Not applicable
Author

Mike,

I suggest to directly contact GeoQlik editor or to attend to a GeoQlik webinar (http://www.geoqlik.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=9&Itemid=58).

Not applicable
Author

Hi gareth,

It is not out of the question, but you should keep in mind that our design goal for building extensions did not cover the use case of replacing the entire QlikView UI so, just as in any case where your are using something for which it was not originally designed, you may run into issues.

It might end being a perfectly good solution, but it might be a lot of work and you might run into certain limitations. For example, I could imagine that you may want to have it so that a Designer could only use your extensions and not use the original QlikView objects, but that is not possible. Things like that.

Regards,

Dan