Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

User Authentication with SQL Server UserId and Password in Qlik Sense server

Hi All,

User Authentication with SQL Server UserId and Password in Qlik Sense is it possible or not?

If yes please explain how ? Thanks in Advance

Regards

Ankit

3 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Can you be a bit clearer in what you are looking for?

to reduce access to data? or to log them into the app itself?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andy,

My question is i have already users in my database and i want to give same access to view Qlik Sense chart without create userid and password on Qlik Sense portal is it possible ?

For example : My project application user credentials is UserId : ABC, Password : XYZ. So can i use same credentials on Qlik Sense to access chart. If yes please let me know how is it possible?

Another one for you Andy i have create an app using Qlik Sense desktop and draw multiple chart in app. when i have import the app on cloud Qlik Sense account it is showing load data only but i want to show real time data in chart is it possible if yes please let me know how is it possible ? For load the script i am using OLEDB connection from SQL server.

Thanks

Ankit Singh

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Question 1. Yes it is possible to use users from your database to access the portal.  you need to look into creating an SSO from your application the users login to to the portal.  you will need to code this solution and setup a virtual proxy and a Udc to your user database.  this is not straight ward and I'd suggest you get some experienced support to set this up.

2. Yes you can connect to real time data using the DIRECT keyword in your select statement.  just bear in mind you will not get the fast user experience using this approach as you are accessing the data from your DB and so not able to leverage the performance.

Hope this helps gets you started.

Andy