Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunil_Kenth
Former Employee
Former Employee

Exclude data based on selection

Hi All,

I have a data set which has some 'dirty' data in.  I would like to exclude this dirty data when a selection is made.

This is what I have:

A selection box called 'Status', with the following values:

Active

Cancelled

Completed

On Hold

A table box containing the following columns:

Name

Start Date

Finish Date

Status

% Complete

What i would like to do is exclude entries in the table box that have a value of 100% in the '%Complete' column when the 'Active' status is selected.

I figure i need some sort of set analysis to do this but not sure what the syntax is and where i would place this syntax.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sunil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

You might be better off getting rid of those in the script or just make a flag for them.

Something like....

if([% Complete]=1 and Status='Active',1,0) as 'Exclusion Flag'

Then you just always have 0 selected if you really wanted to load them.  If you have other things you want to exclude, you could just add them in there as well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable

You might be better off getting rid of those in the script or just make a flag for them.

Something like....

if([% Complete]=1 and Status='Active',1,0) as 'Exclusion Flag'

Then you just always have 0 selected if you really wanted to load them.  If you have other things you want to exclude, you could just add them in there as well.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sunil - Yes, you might need set analysis. Please can you post an sample QV document and also can you explain in more detail with text boxes. It will help us to solve the issue ASAP.

Cheers - DV

Sunil_Kenth
Former Employee
Former Employee
Author

Thanks Trent that works a treat.

DV - many thanks for you response too.

Sunil