Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Manage user credentials and load real data scripts

Hello All,

I am new here so anybody can explain below points are possible or not in Qlik Sense.

1) My question is i have already UserId and Password in my database and i want to use same credentials to login Qlik Sense portal to view charts. Is it possible or not if yes please let me know how?

For example : My project application user credentials is UserId : ABC, Password : XYZ. So can i use same credentials to login Qlik Sense portal to view charts.

2) I have create an app using Qlik Sense desktop and draw multiple chart in app. when i have import the app on cloud Qlik Sense account it is showing load data only but i want to show real time data in chart is it possible if yes please let me know how is it possible ? For load the script i am using OLEDB connection from SQL server.

Thanks

Ankit Singh

1 Reply
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Ankit,

1) Understand I you correctly, you want to enter the password once when you log in application Qlik Sense? If so, it all depends on which option Qlik Sense you are using.

Option 1 - using Qlik Sense Desktop/Qlik Sense Cloud. The logins and passwords will have to be entered twice in any case, even if they coincide - when entering the cloud and when entering the application.

Option 2 - using Qlik Sense in jointly with QMC (Qlik Management Console). If you have a domain account organization, you can configure it so that to open your application Qlik Sense you need to type the password once. Otherwise (without a LAN domain), you will need to enter your login and password twice, as in the first variant. On this issue, you better communicate with your system administrator of your local network.

2) To date,not ability to upload data to the cloud application Qlik Sense using OLE DB connection from SQL server.

Regards,

Andrey