Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to convert both int-values in labels of class-function to time format?

Hi,

I try to get a histogram (# instances of flights within some flight-length ranges).

If I express mi flight length as int (number of minutes), I get what I want:

demo1.PNG

and I use class()-function:

demo2.PNG
However, I would like express minutes ranges as 'hh:mm - hh:mm'

And closest what I can get is (by converting int-variable to 'hh:mm' variable) is next:demo3.PNG

with:demo4.PNG

I.e. it shows only left margin of bin, and do not show "-" sign for negative intervals.

How can I get those labels looking like "02:30-03:00" and for negative: "-02:00 - -01:30"?

18 Replies
Not applicable
Author

This is exactly what I needed.
Thank you very much.

Could you recommend a good paper book(s) on Qlik Sense (as I see a lot of them on amazon and chapters)?

sunny_talwar

I have mostly learned my stuff on the community itself so don't really know.... but in general, you can learn a lot from troyansky‌‌'s book Amazon.com: QlikView Your Business: An Expert Guide to Business Discovery with QlikView and Qlik Sen...

Not applicable
Author

Great!
Thank you very much.

MarcoWedel

Hi,

maybe another solution could be:

=Dual(Interval(Floor(blk_time_hm,'00:30'),'hh:mm')&' - '&Interval(Floor(blk_time_hm,'00:30')+'00:30','hh:mm'),Floor(blk_time_hm,'00:30'))

QlikCommunity_Thread_253794_Pic1.JPG

I used Interval() instead of Time() because it also works with both negative and absolute values greater than 1 (day).

"Floor()" and "Class()" also should make no difference in this case because it's not used to format but only to floor the numerical value.

Dual() is used because it adds a numerical value to the text value returned by the string operation thus taking care of the correct order.

hope this helps

regards

Marco

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

if(sign(SubField(class(blk_time_hm,'00:30'), '<= x <', 1))<0,

'-'&(Time(SubField(class(blk_time_hm,'00:30'), '<= x <', 1) ,'hh:mm')),

(Time(SubField(class(blk_time_hm,'00:30'), '<= x <', 1) ,'hh:mm'))

)

&'-'&

if(sign(SubField(class(blk_time_hm,'00:30'), '<= x <', 2))<0,

'-'&(Time(SubField(class(blk_time_hm,'00:30'), '<= x <', 2) ,'hh:mm')),

(Time(SubField(class(blk_time_hm,'00:30'), '<= x <', 2) ,'hh:mm'))

)

Not applicable
Author

Yes, It also produce the result that I needed, but with less complexity in the formula.
Thank you very much.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much, Sasidhar.
Probably, it could be an option as well, but so far, Marco's answer is the simplest.

MarcoWedel

You're welcome.

Glad it helped

regards

Marco

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP