Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Parameters in set analysis

Hi All,

When trying to use a parameter in the set analysis facing some issues.

below is the variable am creating

set vExpression =

num(Avg({<[KPI] = {$1},Year=,Month=,Day=,[Date],[Date]={">=$(=Num($(=vToDate& 'Start(Max(Date))'))) <=$(=Max(Date))"}>} Actual),$3)

and using =$(vExpression ('KPI1','#.##')). But it's not working. When I placed it in straight table and hovered the expression

>=$(=Num($(=vToDate& 'Start(Max(Date))'))) <=$(=Max(Date)) is being showed as >= <=.

I also tried passing 'Start(Max(Date))' as $3 . But the result is same.

The value of vToDate will be Day/Week/Month

Can someone explain what I am doing wrong.

22 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think we can use something like

set vExpression =

num(Avg({<[KPI] = {$1},Year=,Month=,Day=,[Date],[Date]={">=$(=Num($(='Month'& $2))) <=$(=Max(Date))"}>} Actual),$3)

and used $(vExpression ('KPI1','Start(Max(Date))','#.##')).

sunny_talwar

Check the attached now

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you please explain what was the issue?? Why does giving "$" in the vexpression doesn't work.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny, but when i use variable vTodate instead of hardcoded 'Month',the expression doesnt work.

sunny_talwar

Can you share the updated sample?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please check

sunny_talwar

Sorry, but I am a litte confused... you are comparing Date to text? =Month& something? What is the point?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When i use Month&StartDate(Date), i get the month start, similary, Weekstart, Yearstart() will work when i update the value of vTodate to Week/Day/Month/Year. I implemented this to calulate YTD,MTD,WTD values.

sunny_talwar

Oh okay... I see what you are doing.....