Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Has anyone created Gantt Chart using QV10 Personal Edition?

Hi All

Has any one created "Gantt Chart" using QV10 Personal Edition. If you have done it please let me know the steps to create the same please.

14 Replies
siz_mahleka
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Sander,

Most of the manipulation for the Gantt Chart i.e. date format and date period grouping, can be found in the java script file for the extension. The location for the file is something like

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects\Gantt\Script.js

You need to have an understanding of how Java Script works though.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Siz.

siz_mahleka

To change the date format, simply update the variable chartDateFormat in the Script.js file

var chartDateFormat = "dd/mm/yyyy";            

// date format of the dates that are used in the chart.  for example, European format would be dd/mm/yyyy

Please bear in mind that the input dates in the load script need to remain in the American format.

e.g.

LOAD "Campaign Group",

Campaign,

DATE("Start Date",'MM/DD/YYYY') AS [Start Date],

DATE("End Date",'MM/DD/YYYY') AS [End Date];

SQL SELECT *

FROM Demo.dbo.DimCampaign2;

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Siz.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Siz,

Thanks for your explanation. I didn't know javascript was under the hood of these extensions. Works fine with the date format now. I'll have to take a deeper look into javascript coding for more changes in the extension script.

Regards, Sander

siz_mahleka

Great Sander,

If you do something interesting with the javascript please could you let us know what and how on this post as there is good potential with this extension.

Regards,

Siz.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm having trouble changing the date format of the Gantt Extension. When using the default 'mm/dd/yyyy' format in the Script.js file the chart appears correctly. However when I change the chartDateFormat variable to 'dd/mm/yyyy' and reopen the qvw, the bars on the chart now display incorrectly and the dates still appear in the 'mm/dd/yyyy' format when I hover over them.

GANTT Date Formatting.jpg

I'm leaving the input dates in the load script in the 'mm/dd/yyyy' format as you suggested. I've also tried changing this to the 'dd/mm/yyyy' but when I tried this the chart fails to load. The only change I made was to the chartDateFormat variable, am I doing something wrong?

Ideally I'd want to have the dates displayed in the following format: 'dd mmm yyyy' e.g. '18 Jan 2012'. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Tom