Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show data linked to a date dependent on selected date

Hi!

I have three dimensions that are linked together in the following way:

store ---many to one--> company ---many to one--> chain

All three dimensions have their own approval date, create date and some other dates.

I want to create a table showing number of stores, companies, and chains approved or created during the selected time period (see table).

Number of created/approved stores, companies, and chains during Januari and February 2011

Countrystorecompany
chain
Sweden1241
Norway1530
Finland300
Denmark500

I only want a company and a chain popping up in the table if the approval/create date of tha comapny or chain was during the selected time period and not all companies and chains connected to the new stores (as I get now). I.e. I get too many companies and chains for every time period (if I don't choose the entire period). This is because the dimensions are linked together.

My script looks something like this:

store:

store_id

company_id

chain_id

store_approval_date

store_create_date

...some more date and other attributes

company:

company_id

company_approval_date

company_create_date

chain:

chain_id

chain_approval_date

chain_create_date

I also want to do the same tables for create date and some other dates connected to the dimensions. I do not have a master calender (since I didn't get that to work without synthetic keys) so I use the store_approval_date as the date that can be selected in the application.

Does anyone have a solution on this?

Regards

Anna

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

you could create a Data Island of a calendar file woth jsut dates in with no links and then do either Set analysis or Sum(If ) on each date indepndently then agains tthe Master Calendar

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the tip!

I have now created a calender island and in the expression I have following set analysis:

count(distinct{$<MonthYear=le_approval_YM>}leid)

So I want to count the number of distinct "leid" when the le_approval_date is the same as one selected MonthYear (from the master calender). But it doesn't work. It doesn't happen anything with my table when I select a MonthYear in the island calender.

Any thoughts that might help?

Not applicable
Author

Can you attach the qvw andI could take a look?

Not applicable
Author

The file is attached, thanks!