Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

SvgReader mapping extension now stored on GitHub

Hi everyone,

Several different incarnations of my svgReader extension exist out there on community, hidden on QlikMarket, etc. and it's difficult making updates and pointing people to the most recent version.  Also, I plan on making some major enhancements to it soon, and I want to make sure people know where to go to get the latest and greatest version.

So, I've decided to start hosting the extension on GitHub:

https://github.com/brianwmunz/svgReader-QV11

I'll be making all bug fixes and enhancements within this repository so please download the extension from here from now on.

Also, I greatly encourage you to add your own SVG maps to the repository so we can all benefit from the maps people have been making.

Thanks!

75 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Reuben,

Have you got any solution for your queries,If yes then request you please guide how to resolve it.Because ,I am also trying the same.

Thanks,

Pankaj

Not applicable

Hi Brian,

I am also facing same issue, but when I manually convert text object to path using Ink scape; respective texts not populated properly in Qlikview SVG Reader Means Text properties changed all of a sudden.

Also let me know if you have any script for automate the manual setting changes in SVG file using Ink Scape to utilise Object to Path functionality.

Regards,

Pankaj

Not applicable

Hi Reuben,

I am also facing same issue.If you got any solution for the same then request you share with me

Your reply is highly appreciated

Regards,

Pankaj

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

How to use Absolute path for the following svg extension?

I tried to use:

'C:/myFile/mySVGs/Wohnung.svg'

However, it does not work.

Thanks!

(As the extension is at Qlik server, I can not put svg file to the extension folder)

Qlik Branch

MK9885
Master II
Master II

I tired giving destination in the path but didn't work for me.

Instead what you can do is place your .SVG file inside the folder and the name will automatically show up

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions\svgReader-QlikSense-master\svgReader\svgs

You should place your .SVG file inside the above destination folder to see it....

It worked for me many times, it should also work for you.

Yellow marked is the folder where you place your .SVG files.

Thanks.

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Aehman, thanks for your help!

This is what I am doing now. Putting .svg file under 'svgs' folder.

However, there is some issue.

As the extension is at Qlik server (rather than Qlik desktop), other Qlik users can not access this folder (Qlik server also stores this folder in a different way). If users update the .svg, they have to contact Qlik server admin to update it in the extension, this is not flexible.

I am trying to modify the extension a little now.

Not applicable

Hi Brian

I have to change the path of extension from

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects

to

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects\[ProjectName]

For this I need to do certain path change in code.

Can you please help me in understanding which paths should I Change in .js Scripts.

*Note : Why we need to change the paths? Ans: We need to change the path as this is the master solution defined in norms of the Client.

katetsan
Creator
Creator

Hi Brian,

I'm facing a problem of using the extension.

I do installed the extension on QlikView server and have published the file in access point.

The map shows on the server in WebView mode, but it doesn't show up on the website when I open it via access point.

Wondering if the extension fit for QV12? or there's other reason...?

Thanks in advanced.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I cannot find the excel table which gives you the codes for the SVG file. Is it possible to send a link?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Brian

I've been working with SVG Maps and SVG Reader Extension on Windows 7 and it works fine! But I've tried to work on Windows 10 and the map is not showing. Could you help me?

Thanks in advance!