Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sujeet_shirude
Creator II
Creator II

Nprinting capacity

Hi All,

Based on the standard system specifications listed below the questions, do we know:

1.  How may reports can be included and run as a single Nprinting task?

2.  Does the total page number of all the reports included and run as a single NPrinting task impact successful distribution to intended recipients?

3.  If there is a page number limitation, what is this number?

System Specifications

• Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2
  • Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.2 or above
  • 8 gigabytes of RAM for NPrinting Server
  • 500 MB of disk space for NPrinting Server
  • Minimum of 2 GB is required for each core with the minimum of 4GB of RAM in total for NPrinting Engine
  • 300 MB of disk space for NPrinting Engine
  • Qlik Sense Server 2.2.4 or higher to create connections to Qlik Sense
  • Qlik Sense Server 3.0.1 or higher to distribute reports to the Qlik Sense hub
  • Qlik Sense generated QlikClient certificate, server certificate, and root certificate
  • NPrinting Console supports Internet Explorer 10 or above, Chrome, Firefox, and Edge

Thank you,

Sujeet Shirude

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

The whitepaper is now available

View solution in original post

13 Replies
woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

This depends of:

The amount of data in the Qlik app.

The number of levels are used in a report.

The number of connections are used.

The amount of data you want to display in your report.

The number of reports you want to send via a task

The number of users connected to a task.

Unfortunately not a clear answer. For as far as I know is there not a limit of pages for a report.

I just would try it and test it.
Wouter

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

My experience is I started with

4gb ram

2 cores

Tried to run a basic report and it took 40mins if it ran at all.

Upgraded to

8gb

4 cores

Tried same report and it took 2mins to generate combined with release of 17.3

Having Levels really effects performance at the moment.

Currently upgrading box to

16gb

8 cores

Will see how it goes.  I need to get it under a couple of seconds per report published to a user to be production ready from a performance point of view.

Not applicable

A very important consideration when sizing an NPrinting system is the following:

Each available core will increase RAM requirements geometrically. 4 cores will consume twice the RAM as 2 cores.

Also, they type of connection you make will have a big impact on RAM consumption. "Local" connections to QWVs will open an instance of the QVW on the local machine for every core. Server connections and connections to Sense apps will consume much less RAM.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

As an update the Ram update we went to 16 from 4 and this time it's 32.

We are using sense apps from a separate server and found the RAM consumption was fine it was the cores that were being used heavily.

I've been suggested this config as a good start point but obviously that's not what the minimum requirements say and bench marking data is just not available at the moment.  hopefully this kind of work will help others.

sujeet_shirude
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks, Wouter!

sujeet_shirude
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank, Andy!

We upgraded from 4 CPUs to 8 and noticed a performance improvement. Now the report group Task completes in around 15mins where as earlier it was uncertain.

sujeet_shirude
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Aran!

We upgraded from 4 CPUs to 8 and noticed a performance improvement. Now the report group Task completes in around 15mins where as earlier it was uncertain.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Adding cores makes a difference I think QLik should be more realistic with its minimum requirements. 8 seems to be a number where reasonable sized reports start to publish even if the speed could still be better.

Stephen_Jasionowski

We are working on a whitepaper to help determine requirements based on number of reports, complexity and other factors. That will help guide customers and partners for the minimum hardware needed for their deployments.