Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help in Coloring Expression based on Rule

I am trying to calculate the Variance % YTD of the total spend against total projected for the year, for that I am putting this expression: sum([Actual Spend])/(sum([AOP CapEx]+[AOP OpEx]))

Results are appearing fine.

Now I want to go one step ahead and color code the value based on condition, like if Variance % is greater than 100% show RED else Green, for that I am changing the above code like this:

if((Sum([Actual Spend]))/(Sum([AOP CapEx]+[AOP OpEx]))>1,red(255),green(255))

This expressions run without any error, but :

1. The Variance % is not properly calculating , the # should be 15% , but its showing 46.2345566777 which is not correct

2. The # didn't get any color

I am not sure what wrong I am doing, can someone please help me in solving this.

Thx

Ankit

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sure, let me prepare and share it with you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Omar

Here is the situation I am talking about;

Situation: I have some patients data in attached excel sheet, Starting from Enrolling into a therapy to delivery of Medicines s/he need to pass certain obstacles or Events in a particular order:

1. Referral Received
  2. Insurance Investigation
  3. Authorization from Insurance Org
  4. Financial Assistance
  5. Nurse Training

Every event we calling it as Service Request which have a Start Date and an End Date (In case that activity is completed).

Problem I am trying to solve

• I am looking for a chart that will show me Dates on the X axis, Activity on Y axis
  • I need to show Bars starting from the event start date (like a Gantt chart, I have looked in Qlik Branch but didn’t understand what they talking about and how to implement). E.G.

my first Event Starts on 1-Jan-17 and Ends on 15-Jan-17

Second Event starts on 16-Jan-17 to 15-Feb17

So chart will show Bar 1 for activity one till 15-Jan-17, Bar 2 from 16-Jan-17 to 14-Feb-17 and so on

Thx

Ankit

OmarBenSalem

Hi Ankit,

See the attached app made by our friend danansell42‌.

this is the extension he's using:

Qlik Branch

I think it can help in your quest !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Oman,

Thanks for the guidance, I have solved this today , but got in a trap, this timeline chart should mush have Start and END dates to be there, if I am showing let say 3 Events on my chart , and 2 have Start - End Date and One have start Date and No End Date (as its not sure) , the chart is not turning up. Do you know how to handle this situation.

Thx

Ankit

danansell42
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Ankit

I have already suggested a solution on your other post

https://community.qlik.com/message/1239927#1239927