Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Qlik Analytics Platform Details

Hi, does anyone have a technical detail of the differences between Qlik Analytics Platform vs Qlik Sense Enterprise?

Are APIs accesible without extra cost in both of them? Does Analyitcs Platform allow you to include Qlik Sense objects in mashups that look and work just like regular Qlik Sense objects?

27 Replies
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Alexander,

From 3.2 , If hub will be visible , so can I show my application objects there with QAP, yes no self service will be there but it will act like a webpage ?

Second Question, If Client has no web page what is the possible solution under QAP, If Mashup, Lets say I create a mashup and put 50 objects under that mashup , So can I write authorization rules there , as this mashup page will act like a web page ?

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

1) No, you won't be able to open any apps via the client.

2) Uhm sure, a mashup is a web page...

rohitk1609
Master
Master

1) If I can't open or show any Apps via hub, then I can do with hub ?

2) If Mashup is a web page ,can I provide set security or configure authorization as one set of user can hit the mashup url then view the applications and other set of user can't view anything as we usually do in Qlik Sense enterprise . See if I provide access to anonymous users(As I read under QAP works set virtual proxy for anonymous users and put Qlik object to web page) anybody would access the mashup ,so no data security.

Please tell be what is the best possible solution if there is no web portal and QAP need to implement.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

1) You can access the Dev-Hub but you won't be able to launch the self-service client.

2) Same applies for QAP. Security rules and section access is still available to you. There is no requirement to run anonymous uses on QAP, you can run named users if you want to. It depends on your deployment and what you want to do.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

My Question here is , Is mashup is the solution if web portal is not there as I will create a mashup, put objects in it and as mashup gives a html URL ,I will distribute to client and say, hit the URL and you can access the objects and on server I will create a rule as  USER DIRECTORY ='ABC' can read the Mashup. Please correct me if I am wrong ?

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Please add your inputs sir

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Yup, that sounds correct.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Alexander,

I have installed Qlik Sense 3.2.2 and enabled it with QAP license. As per your inputs, I have imported an application. As when I clicked on it, a new tab is opening and it is saying you can't access Qlik Sense because you don't have access pass. As you said I can't access application on hub(opening a new tab means opening Hub) but I can view the objects by going to Dev Hub.When I selected single configurator ,objects are coming as per my imported application. Now I want to know if, Adding links of these objects to web portal ,Can users who has authentication or access on web portal can view these Qlik Objects or I need to do some configuration ?