Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrepucci15
Creator
Creator

How to configure AccessPoint to remember user preferences?

I'm attempting to transition from v11.2 to v12.1 (on different servers) and the last large issue is getting the AccessPoint to remember the user preferences.

When I go to the V11 accessPoint,  the AccessPoint sets the category to "company".

When I go to the v12 AccessPoint, I always end up with the "All" default category.

Any hints on how to get the AccessPoint to remember the user preferences?

v11:  W2008

V12: W2012

updated - changed default to "All"

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jrepucci15
Creator
Creator
Author

Fixed in v12.10, SR4 (released Mar 27, 2017)

yea !!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
marcus_sommer

Take a look if session recovery within the qmc by the server settings is enabled.

- Marcus

jrepucci15
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for the suggestion.

"Allow Session Recovery" is indeed enabled.  I disabled and re-enabling it to no effect.

jrepucci15
Creator
Creator
Author

The client cookies for the v12 servers expire when the session ends, but the cookies for the v11 servers expire a year out. 

Any thoughts on how the server is setting the cookie exiry date?

marcus_sommer

I remember a recent case which was quite similar by changing the expiring-settings from share-sessions bookmarks within the config.xml from the server but I couldn't find this posting. I think wmy could help you further.

- Marcus

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi John & Marcus,

I'm fairly certain that this change in session cookie expiry was a component of the security hardening rolled into v12.00/v12.10, and would be working as  designed.

Hope this helps,

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
jrepucci15
Creator
Creator
Author

Chip,

Thanks for your reply.

If it was a deliberate change to make the AccessPoint default to the "All" Category, then was there some provision made to hide the supporting .qvw's from showing up by default?

Our "All" list contains 43 items, mostly extracts, transforms, misc auditing / alerting, staging/demo apps and apps such as UsageAnalyzer and Governance that users do not need to see for their normal work.  There are only nine apps that the users need to open.  If you are correct about this being a deliberate change, we have a large educational effort ahead of us to complete the transition to v12.

At a personal level, I hate the icon view and only want to see the list view.  This is irritating me.

Does anyone happen to know of a way to revert to the prior behavior?

John

marcus_sommer

Personally I have no none-user applications within the user-reports. They are separated by a 3-tier data-architecture and are in different folders which are mounted within the server to be able to configurate tasks but they aren't  browsable and won't be displayed within access point (admin-tools like governance dashboard are in further folder, too).

Another way would be to set the access rights within the active directory appropriate whereby it's in general recommended to assign those rights on usergroups and folders and not on a file- and/or user-level.

Another approach would be to use section access which could be configured to hide the applications from user which aren't listed within the section access.

I hope this will help you whereby I would also prefer to have direct customizing options how the access point handled those things and be able to use old configurations or new settings on them.

- Marcus

jrepucci15
Creator
Creator
Author

It is my understanding that with the v12.10 AccessPoint the users cannot keep the following settings after exiting and reopening the AccessPoint.

Category

browser mode (full or IE)

View settings (icons or list details view)

Has anyone found a way around this yet?

We do have an open ticket on this.

JLR

jrepucci15
Creator
Creator
Author

Does anyone have a description the following bug fix in v12.10 SR4?  (released today)

Customize view setting of AccessPoint will be reverted to Default

Jira issue ID: QV-9088