Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vegard_bakke
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How to SSO to Sense from a Web Portal

In our use case, the user is already logged into a web portal, authenticated with username and password.

We have set up qlik-auth from braathen, and can successfully login with his demo sample on NodeJS.

However, I seem to only be able to get this working when initiated from Sense (SP initiated). We need the solution to be initiated from the web portal (IdP initiated). (Ref: StackOverflow: Differences between SP an IdP initiated SSO.)

How can we securely pass the loggedin user credentials from the Web portal server side, to the Authentication module (i.e. qlik-auth). 

Is qlik-auth made for SP-initiated (Sense initiated) scenarios only, or am I missing something?

I'm familiar with the QlikView way of ticketing, so maybe that is confusing me.

According to Qlik Sense SAML: ADFS Integration‌, IdP initiated SAML is currently (May 2016) not supported.  But does that mean that Qlik Sens does not IdP-initiated (web portal initiated SSO) at all?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Vegard 

3 Replies
vegard_bakke
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Has anyone connected to Qlik Sense by SSO?

If so, in what way?

Cheers,

Vegard

mall1m
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Does anyone manage to do this ?

Vincenzo_Esposito

May be, in your case, the most suitable solution should be the "Header Solution" http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.2/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-S...

Your application will be in the middle between the clients and Qlik Sense. Your app in in charge of authenticate the users, as usual, and allow a user to land on QS just putting the username in the HTML header