cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Variable in Sense

He Guys,

Im new to Qlik community. I been working with Sense for over a month now.

I have two questions.

One:

Im doing this QCC lesson online. According to the material. I can see the variables in my de-bugger.  But I only see few Variables. The ones that are missing are:

vMinDate

vMaxDate

vToday

When I open the front end and check the Variable overview, I can see them. Do you think this is a bug of Sense or is there probably something wrong with my script?

MinMaxTemp:

Load

Min (OrderDate) as Mindate,

Max (OrderDate) as Maxdate

Resident Orders;

Let vMinDate= num( peek('Mindate',0,'MinMaxTemp'));

Let vMaxDate= num( peek('Maxdate',0,'MinMaxTemp'));

Let vToday= $(vMaxDate);

Two:

Is a Qlik Deployment Console the same thing as the QMC? If not  what are the main differences, purposes of these dashboards?

Hope somebody can help me with these questions.

Thanks in advance!

Liesbeth

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danansell42
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik Deployment Console is the part of Qlik sense cloud and is a little different to the QMC which is part of the enterprise edition

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.0/Subsystems/DeploymentConsole/Content/QDC/QDC-Start-Page.htm

As for the variables, if you run through script step by step they will appear as they get calculated

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Liesbeth

1. If I understood you correctly. Did you load the data in debugger mode?

1.jpg

2. Qlik Sense Enterprise  consists of two parts - Qlik Sense Hub (QSH) and Qlik Management Concole (QMC). If in whole, then QSH is designed to develop and use applications (creating load scripts, worksheets, charts, etc.). QMC is intended primarily for administration of applications and the operating environment Qlik Sense (management of applications, threads, users, licenses, etc.).

Regards,

Andrey

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for your quick response.

I did indeed load my data in de-bugger mode. I think I figured it out, why it was not showing certain variables, that I had created.  So thanks for helping.

So if I understand you correctly, the Qlik Deployment Console is the QMC and the Qlik Sense Hub together?

Regards,

Liesbeth

danansell42
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik Deployment Console is the part of Qlik sense cloud and is a little different to the QMC which is part of the enterprise edition

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.0/Subsystems/DeploymentConsole/Content/QDC/QDC-Start-Page.htm

As for the variables, if you run through script step by step they will appear as they get calculated

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

He Daniel,

Thanks for your reply and help

Today I became a little wiser about Sense again:)

Have a lovely Afternoon.

Regards,

Liesbeth

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If your question is now answered, please flag the Correct Answer (via the big "Correct Answer" button near every post) and Helpful Answers (found under the Actions menu under every post).

If not, please make clear what part of this topic you still need help with .

May you live in interesting times!