Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Limit Available Streams to Publish in QMC

I am looking for a solution to limit streams that a user can publish to. I have setup custom properties to limit a user's visibility of streams in the Hub but so far, it looks like the user (using a ContentAdmin role) can still publish to any stream. Can you help me understand what I am missing or not understanding? Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Check my reply in below link....

QMC Security Rule Import App

I've explained in detail with screenshots on how to allow user access as Content Admin with exception to their Stream/Apps only.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Check my reply in below link....

QMC Security Rule Import App

I've explained in detail with screenshots on how to allow user access as Content Admin with exception to their Stream/Apps only.

Not applicable
Author

Aehman,

Thank you for the prompt response and link to the previous discussion! So far the steps you provided are directionally what we are looking for. I will ask follow up questions as they arise but this is tremendously helpful.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Np, Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Aehman,

I am looking for a modifications that will allow users to see all data connections in the Hub. It looks like your original steps allow for a user to see only connections that he/she owns. I have tried several changes with no progress so far. Any suggestions?

MK9885
Master II
Master II

You'd need to add a new resource filter, QmcSection_DataConnection

Ex: QmcSection_App,QmcSection_Stream,QmcSection_DataConnection,Stream,App,ReloadTask_*,UserSyncTask_*,SchemaEvent_*,User*,Extension_

And then as a Root Admin, you would to Data Connections>Edit>Custom Property> give your predefined property there so that user will see only limited connections and if you don't define this then user will be able to see all connections.

Below Image I gave myself only access to one connection.

QmcSection is defined as the lefthand side tabs you want to show to a user

Capture.PNG  Capture1.PNG

Creating Team administrators in Qlik Sense

This might be helpful for you in future. Though it is not fully helpful but you need to experiment it without touching the default rules.

Not applicable
Author

I have previously tried adding QmcSection_DataConnection, which allows users to see all connections. I was looking at a way to do the same in the Hub as well

MK9885
Master II
Master II

I'm not sure but have you tried giving Access both in QMC and HUB?

Cus I only tried with QMC and I'd have to go thru a long procedure to verify this for you...

But you can try by changing Context to Both QMC & HUB.

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

The Hub and QMC context does bring in all the connections but brought all apps to a user's work area. I removed the App_* resource on one of the security rules and it appears to be a good solution. Thank you for your guidance on this.