Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue with Qlik Sense Desktop

I am having issues with my Qlik Sense Desktop. I have apps, but when I try to go into the data load editor for any of my apps, it kicks me out and puts me back in the hub. I ran the repair, but I am still unable to get to the data load editor. I have the new version of desktop.

10 Replies
CarmenReilly
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Michelle - just making sure we've got Mike tagged

mto‌ Hi Mike - would you be able to assist with this?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Michelle,

(Thanks Carmen)

The latest version of Desktop should be 3.1 SR4 - just so you know 3.2 will be released soon. So if this is a bug, 3.2 may fix this issues. I have seen this issue, but am unsure if it is the product itslef - or the way the product is reacting to a specific app with data etc.

I'd like to try a few things:

Does this happen with a brand new app?Just create an app, go to the data load editor, does it stay open? If so in the editor after the set statements, hold CTRL + 0 + 0 to enter in some sample test data - (Qlik Sense in 60 - Sample Data - YouTube) Load, save app  and re-open app in data load editor - does it stay open?

If this works, then it is something in you app, if not we may need to troubleshoot more.

Can you start desktop and open a web browser and go to: http://localhost:4848/hub

You should see the hub if so go to your app and open the app in the data load editor and see if the same issue occurs.

After we try these steps when can look at this further.

If you can, please send some screen shots as well of the data load editor.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
CarmenReilly
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey Mike - I actually gave her the 3.2 download, so that's what she has running.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

I tried creating a new app and going into the data load editor, and it kicked me out to the hub.

Thank you,

Michelle

Michelle Huber

Data Analyst

P | 314-696-5563

Not applicable
Author

Mike,

I was able to get the data load editor to stay open when I started my desktop and opened a web browser and went to: http://localhost:4848/hub

Thank you,

Michelle

Michelle Huber

Data Analyst

P | 314-696-5563

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I was never able to get this issue resolved.

I really, really need to be able to use my Qlik Sense Desktop, but when I click on Data Load, I get kicked out of the app. I have a new laptop, so I have version 3.1 SR4 loaded. Any ideas on how I can get this issue fixed?

Thank you,

Michelle

CarmenReilly
Former Employee
Former Employee

mtovkr

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Michelle - since you stated:

I was able to get the data load editor to stay open when I started my desktop and opened a web browser and went to: http://localhost:4848/hub

Can you continue to use that approach until we figure this out?

You stated you got a new laptop - can you provide me the specs? Is it a hybrid touch screen? - What operating system is it Windows 10? - This is very unusual behavior and I have not seen this before. Have you worked with anyone else at Qlik - such as a sales rep - who may be able to get you direct pre-sales support? Just curious - as this is something that needs to be investigated. I have informed the PM as well.

Thanks

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

Hi,

You mentioned that you have QSD 3.1 SR4 installed. Did you install 3.2 and try using that version?

Do you have a VPN or firewall product installed? Have you tried to turn these off?

Regards,

Vinay