Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

XML Or Sql Server

Hi All,

As per the user manual we can have the XML or Sql Server as the Repositary. Which is the best in terms of the performance.

Regards,

xxx

5 Replies
dpietersz
Creator
Creator

I would only use SQL if you are in a big enterprise environment (High security, lots of IT-control, Test environments, etc).

Otherwise just use XML. Reading/Writing to XML is fast enough.

It's not a performance choice, it's more an interfacing/control choice.

I've implemented a lot of QlikView servers and I always use XML.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response ,

I am installing the QlikView Server for the Big Enterprise environment. I would like to have control over the performance and manageability. And would like to know only sql server is supported or anyother database will be supported since sql server costing is there.

dpietersz
Creator
Creator

I'm not sure if other databases than SQL are supported. I will have to check for you. But can't do it at this moment.

Maybe someone else knows. Otherwise I will come back to you on that.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Here's what the Server reference manual says about it, sounds like a good starting point.

BTW, only SQL Server is supported.

Database requirements and recommendations for QlikView Publisher

The database in QlikView Publisher can be either a Microsoft SQL Server or an XML repository that

requires no pre-installed software.

The supported versions of Microsoft SQL Server are SQL Server 2000, SQL 2005 or SQL 2008. If you

have a Microsoft SQL Server already set up we recommend using that. The XML repository is sufficient for most installations when it comes to performance.

If you do not have a Microsoft SQL Server available we recommend that you start with an XML

repository installation and upgrade to Microsoft SQL Server if the performance is insufficient. It is possible to migrate all data in the database between XML repository and SQL Server.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response Daniel Rozental and Dimitri Pietersz