Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Field not found <>

I'm trying to perform a load on this sql select but keep getting an error when referring to any of the fields in the select

// INSTRUCTOR

Load
instructor_d_id as test;
sql select instructor_d_id, di.sis_contact_id instructor_sis_id,
di.instructor_first_name||' '||di.instructor_last_name instructor_name,
di.instructor_first_name,
di.instructor_last_name,
di.instructor_highest_ed,
di.instructor_highest_ed_major,
1 as instructor_counter
from instructor_d di;

ERROR:

Field not found - <instructor_d_id>

sql select instructor_d_id, di.sis_contact_id instructor_sis_id,

di.instructor_first_name||' '||di.instructor_last_name instructor_name,

di.instructor_first_name,

di.instructor_last_name,

di.instructor_highest_ed,

di.instructor_highest_ed_major,

1 as instructor_counter

from instructor_d di

The SQL select along works fine and if I just do a load * (no really purpose - just a test) it also works but I can't reference any of the fields?

I've tried putting the field in " ", in [ ], in <>, no carriage return etc... I can't think of what I'm missing.  Can some assist me in this?  Thank you.

The is an Oracle data base if that makes a difference. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

When you do the LOAD * how are the names in your data model (Ctrl + T) ? That may help you to get the proper field names. Note that QlikView is case sensitive, so your ODBC may allow "field" but if it returns "FIELD" both are different for QlikView.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

When you do the LOAD * how are the names in your data model (Ctrl + T) ? That may help you to get the proper field names. Note that QlikView is case sensitive, so your ODBC may allow "field" but if it returns "FIELD" both are different for QlikView.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much Miguel.  I was looking at the script and was thinking I needed to match the case there.

But you were right, The tables themselves were returning uppercase field names so INSTRUCTOR_D_ID worked.

Interesting because I thought Oracle was case sensitive so I'm surprised the sql select part worked with lowercase field names. Oh well.  Thanks again!

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You're welcome.

Oracle may be case sensitive, but the ODBC driver may not, and it may change all the statement after "SQL" keyword to uppercase. So probably the driver might be worth tweaking in order to avoid strange behavior in the future.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica