Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hlines_usacs
Creator II
Creator II

'Show Details' Options on Charts

Hello,

From what I read about this feature, it allows the user to view descriptions, dimensions, and measures of a chart. How would I edit the description that is displayed?

show_details.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
diptiharia
Contributor II
Contributor II

On the left hand side you will see an option to list 'Master Items'. From there you will have options to create master measures, dimension, visuals, etc. Create New and include description in the new window that pops up.MasterItems.JPGCreateNew.JPG

View solution in original post

13 Replies
cpalbrecht
Creator
Creator

I have the same question. Did you find the answer?

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

As far as i am aware it is just an on or off toggle. You can probably find an extension that allows more customisation on the Qlik Branch.

Mark

cpalbrecht
Creator
Creator

But when they are writing that I can display descriptions, I should be able to add the description somewhere, right?

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

I am in agreement.

It could be something i am missing I guess, but not aware of a way.

Mark

dx_anupam
Creator
Creator

Hi Hannah

Please find the link for more details,

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2017/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Visualizations/show-details.ht...

It will just enable show detail icon on visualization you have to click on it to view details.

find the attached screenshot.

Regards,

Anupam

cpalbrecht
Creator
Creator

Hi Anupam,

thanks. But I know the icon and how to enable that.

The problem is, where can I add the description which I want to show when I am clicking on the "i" icon?

BR,

Christoph

dx_anupam
Creator
Creator

Hi Christoph,

To show description of  Field,you have to create a measure/dimension  from it and it will give you box to enter description. and it will reflect in show details.

Regards,

Anupam

qlikdelqbz
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Anupam,

could you show in details how to create a measure/dimension and reflect it in "show details"?

Thanks!

diptiharia
Contributor II
Contributor II

On the left hand side you will see an option to list 'Master Items'. From there you will have options to create master measures, dimension, visuals, etc. Create New and include description in the new window that pops up.MasterItems.JPGCreateNew.JPG