Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III

Set analysis possible values

Hi,

have a set analysis in which I thought would be simple that looks in accounting transactions:

sum({1< [Name]=p(Name), Financial_Year=p(Financial_Year), Financial_period = {'<=$(vPeriodefinanciere)'}>}(Amount))

I have a list box for Financial_Year and a list box for Financial_period (that triggers the variable vPeriodeFinanciere to be the possible value) .

So this works well without the "Name" set modifyer (ie: I get the whole year aka all the periodes below my chosen one), but alas, I want my user to be able to filter by name in this pivot chart.So I had to add the set modifyer Name = p(Name).

What happens in my pivot when I add that, is that I get only values that are possible in a selected period, plus all the values that are outside this period but only for the "Names" that exist in this period.

What am I not understanding about set analysis that I thought I understood for the past 2 years 😕

How do I get allll transactions and still let my user select a single "Name" if he wants.

2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try like:

sum({1< [Name]=$::Name, Financial_Year=p(Financial_Year), Financial_period = {'<=$(vPeriodefinanciere)'}>}(Amount))

sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

That didn't realy work. When I select a Name that doesn't exist in the current period selected, all the selections go to scrap.

I think I need to review the idea of havina user be able to select a "Name"