Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis question

Hi!

I need help with a set analysis question. When I am selecting Supplier 1 in below example I want qlikview (in a graph) to summarize Sales for all categories that are related to Supplier 1 (see underlined Sales). Hence I want a column summarizing to 41 when I have selected Supplier 1.

What is the expression for that? Prefferably in a SET Analysis expression.

SupplierCategorySales
1Shoes10
1T-Shirts20
2Balls25
2Shoes5
2Tennis15
3Tennis3
3T-Shirts6

Best Regards

Christer Ekblad

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Christer,

Ok, let's go one step further:

Sum({< Supplier =, Category = P({< Supplier = {$(=Concat(DISTINCT Supplier, chr(44)))} >}) >} Sales)

In the set analysis modifier I now add the "Supplier =" that means "ignore the selection done in field Supplier". But it's later taken into account within the P() function.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

EDIT: I've removed the quoting in the Concat() function since Supplier are numeric codes. But if they are not in actual data, quoting would be required as in my previous expression above.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Christer,

That's one of the purposes P() element function in set analysis is for. If you create a new chart, straight or pivot table, with category as dimension and the following as expression you should get as expected:

Sum({< Category = P({< Supplier = {1} >}) >} Sales)

That reads something like "return the sum of all values in Sales where Category values corresponds to those Supplier 1 has". Kind of.

Hope that helps

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi thanks for reply.

However, what if I select supplier 2, then above does not work. How shouold I modify the above expression so that it is more dynamic and work for all selections i supplier?

(There might also be situations where I select several suppliers)

Best Regards

Christer Ekblad

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Christer,

Then you may use the following expression

Sum({< Category = P({< Supplier = {'$(=Concat(DISTINCT Supplier, chr(39) & chr(44) & chr(39)))'} >}) >} Sales)

The Concat part will return in the proper format (single quoted, comma separated) the values for Supplier you have selected. If no selection is done, then all possible values for Supplier are passed and all information should be displayed.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel!

It is not exactly what I am looking for.

If using

Sum({< Category = P({< Supplier = {'$(=Concat(DISTINCT Supplier, chr(39) & chr(44) & chr(39)))'} >}) >} Sales)

I am getting 30 in sales when selecting supplier 1. I want it to be 41.

When selecting supplier 2 I want it to summarize to 58 (all shoes, balls and tennis).

I think we are close but not quite there.

Thanks a lot for your help, hope you have som emore suggestions.

BR

Christer

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Christer,

Ok, let's go one step further:

Sum({< Supplier =, Category = P({< Supplier = {$(=Concat(DISTINCT Supplier, chr(44)))} >}) >} Sales)

In the set analysis modifier I now add the "Supplier =" that means "ignore the selection done in field Supplier". But it's later taken into account within the P() function.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

EDIT: I've removed the quoting in the Concat() function since Supplier are numeric codes. But if they are not in actual data, quoting would be required as in my previous expression above.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Christer,

Check the attached aplication.

- Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Thanks alot both of you!