Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help on Charting

Hi All,

I am dealing with a situation where I need to plot a chart to show the steps user need to take to reach from Point Start to finish. E.g

Lets say I have a Patient A, from enrolling into a Therapy till Delivering the medicine he need to go through say 4 steps.

Patient Name          Steps               Start Date               End Date

A                             Step 1              1-Jan-2017              10-Jan-2017

Step 2              11-Jan-2017                  

Step 3               Not Started

Step 4               Not Started

The idea is to show to user that what all levels he already passed and where he is standing today, and post that how many more steps will be coming.

Chart.png

Can someone please help in letting me know which Chart or Extension should I pick to achieve this.

Thx

Ankit

10 Replies
karthiksrqv
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Ankit,

This looks like a fit-case for developing a custom visualization using an extension (using a library like D3.js).

If extension is not possible, you could explore using a stacked bar chart, where the dimensions are patient and stages.

Using set analysis and a combination of conditional coloring you maybe able to reach close to a view that shows different stages for each patient.

OmarBenSalem

Maybe something like this?Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

See the attached App

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Omar, but the problem is I want to show all the Steps on Chart regardless of if they have dates or not and then show what steps are completed and what coming across... if data in the back-end changes then the chart will also required to be adjusted accordingly. E.G If Step 2 is completed then chart will show it as Dark Green and make Step 3 as Light Green.

If you can see my data.

Thx

Ankit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Or if you think some other way which helps me solving the problem so please suggest

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Karthik, I referred some charts in Qlik Branch but didnt get something that suits to my need. I tried Gantt Chart but there are limitations to it, your cant change the Bar colors, it will only show data which have start and End dates and like that.

Thx

Ankit

OmarBenSalem

Sorry,

This is as far as I can go.

Hope I helped

danansell42
Creator III
Creator III

If you want to have date on one of the axis then surely you will need to have dates in the data to plot onto the chart.

I understand the dates are not available so its not so straight forward.

What i would suggest is you populate these NULL fields with a date that is greater than the previous step.

I bit like i suggested in a previous re-incarnation of the same query

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Omar, its a great thought you put on the table, appreciate it.

Thx

Ankit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel, yes we can go that way but now we need Color as well on Bars, and one more thing on the last discussion, how do you add Titles on the Bar in Gantt chart you showed me as an e.g. , I am not able to replicate it, if you can plz help.

Thx

Ankit