Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create Drill-Down Dimension via Scripting?

Hi,

is there a possible way to create Drill-Down Dimensions in the Load Script in QlikView?

I read that it is not possible in Qlik Sense and therefore I'm interested in QlikView because I have a lot dimensions. It would take a Long time to create them all manually.

With best regards!

9 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Hierarchy in QlikView

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Not applicable
Author

Thank you. But I have a few questions left:

I don't really get the difference between drilldown-Dimension and hierarchy in Qlik. But is it the same in QlikSense and QlikView?

I always thought that hierarchy or hierarchybelongsto in the LOAD Script would create a suitable table. But I have tables which are fine to use as a drilldown Dimension.

Like the drilldown Dimension in QlikSense is a Master Element, I would like to create the Dimension, which I can use in the apps, via Scripting.

I read that it is not possible in QlikSense. But is it possible in QlikView? To create the drilldown dimensions used in the apps / master elements via Scripting in the load Statement?

It is not about the hierarchy table for me. I have a good organized one with my Dimension - I wanto to use this to create the drilldown Dimension so that I don't have to do it manually.

Not applicable
Author

push

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Please dont cross post your questions

Creating Drill-Dow-Dimension via Scripting

How to create Drill-Down Dimension via Scripting?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Not in your Load Script. However, it might be possible to dynamically create Dimension Groups using macros. Check the APIguide.qvw in C:\ProgramData\QlikView Documentation\Automation.

Best,

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you cannot find it there, check APIguide.qvw

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter for this information! Nevertheless I can't find via the first link and I'm getting an error statement with the second one. I found a pdf  'Automation Interface Reference' - maybe this helps me.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Rob posted a third way to get to the APIGuide.qvw document here: Re: Where to find latest API guide

Higher up that same thread there is a posted copy of the document, but that may be an older one.

Not applicable
Author

I'm always getting the same error: 'The license that is embedded in this document is not valid'. It is just for this document 😕