Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amanjain57
Creator II
Creator II

Nprinting Reports not showing up in the QlikSense Hub

Hi,

I have installed NPrinting and connection setup was successful.

When creating reports, I can see the reports in the NewsStand but I could not find them in the QlikSense Hub.

Although i gave the right address to the Hub in Central Node Address.

Error4.JPG

The Central Node address is from the Qlik Sense Nodes- Host name

Error 5.JPG

But my Hub in Qlik Sense is not showing up the reports.

Also my users are not getting emails with the reports.

Any thoughts?

36 Replies
amanjain57
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Gianluca,

Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation. Here are my comments to Your points

1) Unable to send e-mail for bucket 1abc7da5-b95e-4daa-ac1b-6b848dd4ce08 because the smtp configuration is null

This means that smtp server configuration is missing

You are correct, the smtp server configuration was missing. It is completed now. So the email part is working.

2) The user Brandon.Dudley for the task Booking Billing report has no permission to see the published reports.

This means that the recipient Brandon Dudley has not the right permission to see the reports (NewsstandUser)

He is able to see in the NewsStand now.

3) Cannot publish to Sense Hub: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

This probably means that the Sense certificates are not installed into the NPrinting Server machine.

The Sense certificates are installed in the right way and i tried to repeat the process again.

It was exported from the QlikSense server with secret key included, Then I installed the three certificates in the Nprinting Server.

Still I see this error in the Scheduler log.

Any suggestions?

amanjain57
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Andy, I am now able to send reports to the user but could not see it in the hub.

Gianluca_Perin
Employee
Employee

Ok so, last issue to solve

Can you try to use the QMCCertificateInstaller tool that you find into the NPrinting installation folder to install the certificates? You should launch it logged in as the same domain user that you're using to run NPrinting Scheduler service.

If this won't work could you please try to open a browser inside the NPrinting server machine (always logged in with the same domain user) and try to reach the Sense server on the ports 4242 and 4243?

Something like that:

https://senseservername:4242

https://senseservername:4243

Where senseservername is the same that you inserted into the Hub configuration in NPrinting WebConsole.

You should receive an error like "access forbidden".

Let me know the outcome of these tests.

Thanks

amanjain57
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Error 6.JPG

I tried the QMC Certificate Installer tool to install the certificates with the same domain user.

Tried your suggestion for the two links:

https://senseservername:4242

https://senseservername:4243

Both gave me the results as you could see in the image inserted. Nothing was displayed on the page.

amanjain57
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I tried the QMC Certificate Installer tool to install the certificates with the same domain user.

Tried your suggestion for the two links for Sense Serve: 4242,4243

But the Internet explorer said: The page can't be displayed.

Gianluca_Perin
Employee
Employee

If you received "The page can't be displayed" it means that or the server name is wrong, or the ports are not open from the NPrinting Server machine. In both cases it means that the NPrinting Server machine is not able to reach the Sense server machine on the right ports. Could you please check your firewall settings?

amanjain57
Creator II
Creator II
Author

How could i check the firewall settings. Should i check it on the QlikSense Server or on the Qlik Nprinting Server?

amanjain57
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I tried the similar things on my Production Hub.

Results are the same: I am not able to see the reports in the Qlik Sense Hub.

But the Error is different: Cannot publish to Sense Hub: The remote server returned an error: (409) Conflict.

Any idea about this??

I read through this post : Nprinting Cannot publish to Sense Hub

It says at the end that the domain name should be same. In my case, the domain name are the same.

Gianluca_Perin
Employee
Employee

Try, just for test purposes, to disable windows firewall on both machines: Sense and NPrinting.

amanjain57
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Tried this. But seems like Firewall is already disabled.