Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is this possible to make?

problem.pngHi ,

You can see the above picture...this is something what I am looking forward to create.

3 different list box containing department name. Now what I want is :

1) when you select different department name...from different list box, ( I dont know if that s possible or not) then the following race and age graph should display value corresponds to the selections.

This way you can compare 3 different departments easliy based on age and race based analysis ( I want to give user max of 3 selections).

2)The charts are identical , i mean those are just 2 copies of age and race based chart. Is there a way to selct 3 different department names from 3 diff list boxs on a same sheet??

Well , the trellis function is not something I want.

Any alternative solution would be appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Best,

Yaman

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

In script, replicate the base table for list into 3 different tables  ( different table name and qualify the columns). In UI build 3 list boxes and 3 charts from 3 tables. SInce, the tables are not connected, list boxes will not be linked.

But list boxes and corresponding charts will be linked as they will b from same table.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In script, replicate the base table for list into 3 different tables  ( different table name and qualify the columns). In UI build 3 list boxes and 3 charts from 3 tables. SInce, the tables are not connected, list boxes will not be linked.

But list boxes and corresponding charts will be linked as they will b from same table.

Not applicable
Author

Hey thanks for replying. But this way I have to load data 3 times(same data)..which is a bit time consuming..anyway thanks a lot for the answer....!!

Not applicable
Author

you have to load the data once from the source. Later, you can use resident load to load other 2 tables. This should be faster.

Not applicable
Author

hey ..I am sorry I don't know the concept of Resident load?? Can you please elaborate..?

Also, I am trying loading the data..i mean replicating the data...but I have created an interval range..which uses AGE field of my data...but now as my data is replicated ..and so is everything...!!

So how can i reference the variable of my 2nd table(replicated one) ...i.e can I use something like 'Table2.AGE' to reference the variable of 2nd table...i tried this...butits not working...??

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

John Witherspoon wrote:

Why do you need three different list boxes?  If you want them to select three departments to compare, just have them select three compartments to compare.  There's no need for separate list boxes, which just complicates things.

And why do you say "the trellis function is not something I want"?  Looking at the picture you posted, the trellis function is EXACTLY what you want.

See attached and below.

CompareDepartments.png

From the other thread you made on the same subject.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/29698