Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qluser01
Creator
Creator

Selections and pie chart: show among all and among selection

Hi all!

I want to show a client position in all benchmark data, and also - in his/her industry.

What I have:

When I select a client (CLnum) in filter - I see pie chart colored where he relates to.

I use {1} in count() formula in order to leave all the data in pie chart.

I need to implement a Industry filter.

And If I also select an Industry - I need the data in pie chart show only the numbers of industry selected.

Now when I select the industry - it changes nothing on pie chart because I use {1} in formula....

How to do it?

See the attached file...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OmarBenSalem

Like this?

See the attached app:

New measure: Count({<Response=,Cl_answ=,CLnum=>}Response)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you share sampe data or a .qvf??

OmarBenSalem

Like this?

See the attached app:

New measure: Count({<Response=,Cl_answ=,CLnum=>}Response)

qluser01
Creator
Creator
Author

Exactly!

What does this measure mean? (please give a link to description )

You state nothing after equation sign 0-0

NOW, when you select CLnum  -> you have only one Industry available to select (thats correct) - but I don't want to see the list with gray industries:

IS IT POSSIBLE to show "SHOW IN IN INDUSTRY" button - if its pressed (on) - GREEN - the Industry of the Client filter applies, if its not pressed (regular) - no industry filter applied.

OmarBenSalem

Count({<Response=,Cl_answ=,CLnum=>}Response)

That means, count response no matter the selection of respnse, Cl_answ and CLnum.

When you were using the measure:

count({1}Response) ; the 1 meant count response no matter any selection on any field.

But you can break this appart and choose what to work with ifor you specific measure.

In fact; as I previously said Response= means don't take onto consideration the selections made in the field Response; but in other words, and more accurate one, that means, work with ALL OF THE VALUES of the Response fields.

So Response= means Response=All values.

And that's why if you select a Response, your chart won't be affected since you forced it to work with all the values of the field Response.

Hope that was rather clear

qluser01
Creator
Creator
Author

Is it possible to state not fields you want the chart to be immune to:

Count({<Response=,Cl_answ=,CLnum=>}Response)

but only those fields you want chart to be responsive to

how to state "react only to Industry field" ?