cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Stacked Bar Chart

Hi,

Can anyone help me on this.

I am having a stacked bar chart. I would like to display the values inside each of the segment and additionally have to display the total value.

Is this possible.

Thanks

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In QV 10, to display the values on each segment of the stacked chart, you can go to Properties -> Presentation the look for the Values on Data Points section, check the Plot Values Inside Segments. One the Properties -> Expression, the Values on Data Points has to be checked as well.

Caveat to this though, if the bar / segment is small and the value will not fit, QV will automatically hide its values.

As for the total values, not sure how to do this.

BTW, will you consider Block Chart or Mekko Chart instead?

I hope this helps.

srinivasa1
Creator II
Creator II

Hey check values on data ponits in experssion properties and presention properites check plot values inside segment.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your response. But i am using QV 9 and i think Mekko chart is available only in QV 10.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Srinivasa1,

Thanks for your response. I was able to get the values inside segments by using the Presentation tab. The problem is I am not able to display both the value inside segments and the total value of each bar simultaneously. I am able to get only one of them at a time. Either the total or show individual values inside segments.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

What worked for me was using the 'Plot Values Inside Segment' option to get the segment values and then I added the total using an expression in the 'Text in Chart' feature on the presentation tab.