Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Looping through textboxes

Hi, i would like to know whether it is possible to loop through text boxes.

i have several containers that are dependent on a single field ProductID, i would like to know whether one is able to combine these text boxes into a single container and simply allow the values to loop through the different values in the field.

also if it is not possible to loop through values in a field, would one be able to loop through textboxes that have been placed in another container?

i have attached a screenshot of the containers

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

1) Create a Variable , say vToggleSelect

2) vToggleSelect = =if(second(now())>40,'US',if(second(now())>20,'UK','Japan'))   // Just for example

3)Go to Document Settings >> Triggers >> Variable triggers >> Select vToggleSelect >> onChange Actions >>

a)Clear Field : enter name of field

b)Select in field:   Field name and Value, =vToggleSelect

Now from 0 - 20 seconds value selected will be Japan, after 20 seconds value selected will UK and after seconds US

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

what do you mean by loop thru, what are you trying to achieve?

Vineeth Pujari
Not applicable
Author

As you can see i have 6 different containers, each are based on a selected product ID, i would like to combine all 6 containers into a single container, this single container should than display each block, and than change to the next after a short time interval.

similar to an animation, i am unsure whether qlikview has that capability

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It can be changed on click of a button . But based on interval of time?? Can you share the qvw for us to try??

Not applicable
Author

I understand it can be changed on a click of a button, but i am looking for it to be automated. unfortunately i am unable to share the QVW as it has client sensitive information.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have an idea but not sure if it works perfectly. Take a variable with timestamp say vTimestamp and again take another variable and use it for the conditional layout like if vTime >= vtimestamp and VTime < vTimestamp+5 (Here 5 is the duration you want the object to appear.) and for the next object condition as vTime >= vtimestamp +5 and VTime < vTimestamp+10.  and so on...

Just sharing a thought. Let's see if there is any other solution.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks let me try that out

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

1) Create a Variable , say vToggleSelect

2) vToggleSelect = =if(second(now())>40,'US',if(second(now())>20,'UK','Japan'))   // Just for example

3)Go to Document Settings >> Triggers >> Variable triggers >> Select vToggleSelect >> onChange Actions >>

a)Clear Field : enter name of field

b)Select in field:   Field name and Value, =vToggleSelect

Now from 0 - 20 seconds value selected will be Japan, after 20 seconds value selected will UK and after seconds US

Vineeth Pujari
Not applicable
Author

Okay so i've created the variable vToggleSelect with inputs relevant to the Field name ProductID

vToggleSelect =if(second(now())>40,'Huawei P8 Lite',if(second(now())>20,'Huawei P9 Lite','Landline'))

To test it out i created a textbox with the following expression

=count({<ProductID = [vToggleSelect]>}ID).

This gives me a value of 0.

whereas it should give me a value of 440 for landline, 381 for P8 and 6703 for P9

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Your Expression is missing {},

=count({<ProductID = {"$(vToggleSelect)"}>}ID).

if you just want to verify  the variable if it's changing with the seconds, just add =vToggleSelect in the textbox

Vineeth Pujari