Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SAP Connector slow extraction

Hello everybody,

I'm facing an issue with the SAP Connector.

First of all, I installed the SAP Connector 5.5 but I couldn't get any row from the tables.

Then I installed SAP Connector 5.4 and then we could get the data but really really slowly.

We tried many combinations, Connector 5.4 with transports 5.5, Connector 5.4 with transports 5.4 but the extraction is still really slow.

When connecting directly to the database with an OLED connection, the extraction is really fast. Same thing when executing the queries directly in SAP with the same user.

The firewall and the antivirus are deactivated.

There is a SAP Router on the production environment but not on the quality environment and the problem is the same on both environments.

Any idea?

Regards

Kevin

22 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

In case of virtual environment you have to tranport file of Qlikview  SAP Connector on Message Server and extract data through message server.

Because In virtual Environment Message Server play roles of Centralize server and perform all request response activity.

Not applicable
Author

Hallo Kevin,

we have almost the same problem. We upgraded our connector from 5.2 to 5.5, installed the right transports. Otherwise we didn't change anything else. The extraction/reload from SAP is 30% slower. We asked QlikTech but they have no idea...

Do you have a solution meanwhile? Thanks!!!!

Regards

Alex

Not applicable
Author

Hello Rotec,

As I said before, our solution was to downgrade to version 5.3.

I hope that Qliktech will find a solution asap.

I didn't read the doc but what are the difference between 5.5 and 5.3?

Regards

Kevin

suniljain
Master
Master

I alredy using QVC 5.5 SR3 . it have better performance than 5.3.

Not applicable
Author

with virtual machines?

Not applicable
Author

Kevin,

we're currently experiencing the same issue like you.

We just installed the 5.5 SR3 (onto a new virtual machine) and are doing some comparison with 5.3.

We went through a couple of BW queries and found a huge decreasing of performances.

The reason why we were thinking to move towards 5.5 SR3 was the limit of 1' million cells.

At the same time we checked on the SAP side and found out the note 1232751 (about the 1 million cells limit).

Anyway I am not sure whether this note specifically requires the 5.5 SR3 instead of 5.3.

We too are going to get Qliktech involved as well.

If we could manage more than 1' million cell even with 5.3 I do not see any valuable reason to move to 5.5SR3

Not applicable
Author

Hi everybody,

Did anyone find a solution for this problem?

I am facing the exact same problem and had the same approach. Upgrade and downgrade versions of SAP Connector but without success (5.3, 5.4 and 5.5). Either it displays a terrible performance or it doesn't extract the data accurately.

Not applicable
Author

Hi everybody,

Did anyone find a solution for this problem?

I am facing the exact same problem and had the same approach. Upgrade and downgrade versions of SAP Connector but without success (5.3, 5.4 and 5.5). Either it displays a terrible performance or it doesn't extract the data accurately.

Not applicable
Author

No solution for the moment.

No QlikTech members interested in my problem ?

Regards

Kevin

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Kevin, have you got qliktech support involved?