Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can you pass Salesforce URLs through to Sense?

I'm building some dashboards in Qlik Sense cloud and was wondering if there was a way to pass URLs through. For example, if I have a table with contract numbers, the ability to click on the contract number and have it open the corresponding contract in Salesforce would be a huge value add.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I was able to figure it out. Salesforce generates URLs based on the various IDs in the tables. By creating a calculated column, I was able to append the text from the beginning of the URL with the ID of what I was trying to return, formatted the column as a URL instead of text and it worked!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

To access your sandbox, use the following URL:

https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/35.0

Specify Salesforce.com account credentials ‒ Qlik Connectors

Re: Unable to get Salesforce data from Qlik sense

or

Then copy the SalesForceDLL.dll from C:\ProgramFiles\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data into C:\ProgramFiles\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data

Thanks

Deva

Not applicable
Author

I'm getting data loaded just fine, I just want the ability to click on the contract ID and it open a new window that opens salesforce with the contract information. I'm not sure if this is possible with Qlik cloud however.

Not applicable
Author

I was able to figure it out. Salesforce generates URLs based on the various IDs in the tables. By creating a calculated column, I was able to append the text from the beginning of the URL with the ID of what I was trying to return, formatted the column as a URL instead of text and it worked!