Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rudywelvaert
Creator
Creator

Is Section Access security set up needed when no data reduction is needed

Hi,

I wonder if Section Access security set up is needed when no data reduction is needed?

All my users should see all data.

Thanks

R.W.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Yes, you can use it for several purposes, the main four I use for are:

1. Avoid any user to open the application
  2. Restrict what users can do even if they are allowed to download and open locally the application
  3. Allow external users to open the application
  4. Reduce the number of apps available in the AccessPoint

Even if you don't reduce data, using section access will have an impact on the opening time and memory usage. If the application is small, this could be very small, if the application is big or the number of expected concurrent users is high, this is something you will need to consider.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Yes, you can use it for several purposes, the main four I use for are:

1. Avoid any user to open the application
  2. Restrict what users can do even if they are allowed to download and open locally the application
  3. Allow external users to open the application
  4. Reduce the number of apps available in the AccessPoint

Even if you don't reduce data, using section access will have an impact on the opening time and memory usage. If the application is small, this could be very small, if the application is big or the number of expected concurrent users is high, this is something you will need to consider.

rudywelvaert
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Miguel Angel,

Concerning point 4. Reduce the number of apps available in the Access Point

Do I get this right:

If no security active on an application, anybody can see it in Access Point?

And the moment Section Access security is in place it will be removed from the list of applications in Access Point if the user is not included in the user group?

R.W.

avinashelite

If no security active on an application, anybody can see it in Access Point?

not its the other way , if you have set the Section access then only the user mentioned in the section access will be able to see the dashboard ...(you need to check the strict exclusion in the document properties )

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

‌If no section access, visibility will depend on the users authorized in the User Documents section of the QMC.

If section access and document properties set to reduce document list based on section access, you don't need to specify each individual user manually in the QMC, convenient when you have dozens of potential users.