Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to run a shell script through Qlikview?

Hi Everyone,

I have a shell script named abc.bash located in a ftp location ( alphabets.xyz.com ). The path is suppose /u03/home/myname. I need to run this script through Qlikview. The motive to run this script is that when properly executed, the script would generate a xml file with the nomenclature All_open_sysdate.xml in the same path location. I need to call this xml file also from the same location.

Can anyone please help me out on how should I proceed to achieve this.

Please also share the process on how to override the security feature in Qlikview.

I tried to execute this statement:

Execute cmd.exe /C abc.bash

FROM

[ftp://Userid:password@alphabets.xyz.com/u03/home/myname]

But this didn't help. I got an error to override the security feature.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

9 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Try this? In edit script go to Settings tab or User Preferences Security tab. Like below screen shots. Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi Viswarath,

Thanks for your help. While executing I didn't receive any error and the script executed but the problem is no xml is getting created in the same location of the server. When I manually tried to execute this .bash file in the server through putty, the xml file got generated

Could you please help me out with the entire script about what should be written in Qlikview so that the xml gets generated in the server location apart from making the above mentioned changes by you.

Thanks and Regards,

Arghya

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

I have never tried any such sort, so i need some example file to work on. Do you have any sample ?

Check here if this is of any help?

Execute Statement for Qlikview Scripts

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vishwarath,

You can try with any .bash file you have. My first objective is to execute a .bash file present in a server location with the help of Qlikview script. I am not able to accomplish this task.

I tried with this kind of statement:

Execute cmd.exe /C abc.bash

FROM

[ftp://Userid:password@alphabets.xyz.com/u03/home/myname]

but it didn't work out. Can you suggest me with any possible alternative.

Thanks and Regards,

Arghya

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you use Windows Scheduler to run this .bash file? Just an alternative, coz i am not sure of other options, there is very small thing we are missing, cant execute at my side, bust just wondering, can you give me some sample data to try on my side? 

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Arghya,

I have not used ftp connection before but I guess your file path causing the issue. I am not sure but the below one may work.

Execute cmd.exe /C  ftp://Userid:password@alphabets.xyz.com/u03/home/myname/abc.bash

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tamil,

Thanks for your help.

I don't think its a problem of the path you are referring to. Still i tried to implement your query and it executed perfectly fine with no errors. But the motive behind this shell script is not  fulfilled.

Will have to try with some other alternative.

Thanks and regards,

Arghya

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Does the bash script run under windows? This extension normally applies to scripts that tun under the bash shell of Linux/Unix systems.

If it runs under windows, you will need to retrieve the file from the FTP site before attempting to execute it. You will need a Windows batch (.cmd/.bat) file to fetch the bash script, save it to a known location and fire up the software that runs the script. You can execute the batch file like this from the load script (assuming you have set the relevant permissions):

Execute cmd.exe /C C:\BatFiles\MyBatchFile.bat

You can get a lot of help writing Windows batch/command files on the Internet. Google is your friend.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

No the bash script doesn't run under windows. It runs under Linux systems.

Can you please provide some solution. This should run in the server itself.

Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks and regards,

Arghya