Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Determine version of IE-plugin

Hi community,

I have a question. Can one determine from inside a Qlikview document what the current client version is? Specifically, what the IE-plugin version is.

In my context, some users are using outdated versions of the IE-plugin, possibly causing problems on the server.

If I could determine which version of the plug-in/client the user is using, I could display instructions on how to update the plug-in version.

Of course, I have searched the community before posting this question and found these threads, but those are either outdated or require changes that I cannot make.

Check IE-Plugin Version‌ (six  years old, Qlikview 9)

IE plugin version‌(requires access to user machine)

Any help is appreciated!

Henk-Jan

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps the functions ClientPlatform()  and/or QlikViewVersion()  can help you. I can't test this at the moment so perhaps these functions are completely useless to you.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks a lot, however:

QlikviewVersion() will give me the server version, not the client version when running on Qlikview Server

ClientPlatform() will only work in AJAX, not in the IE plug-in (string returned is empty)

Any other suggestions are welcome.

jrepucci15
Creator
Creator

Anyone have an answer for this?

Yes - see the following message from me

Did the IE plugin version change from v11 to v12?

Answer - yes it did.

v11.20 - 11.20.12644.0

V12.10 SR4 - 12.10.20200.0

We just updated from v11.2 to v12.1 and are having oddities on some client machines when they use IE plugin.

(Our customers prefer the IE plugin look and feel over the full browser mode.)

jrepucci15
Creator
Creator

just found this discussion which answered one of my questions -how to determine plugin version

IE plugin version

Windows Control panel / Programs / QvPluginSetup

cwolf
Creator III
Creator III

Inside a Qlikview document you can get it only via macro:

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.QvVersion

cleite2014
Creator
Creator

I am using QVSystemMonitorv6.1.1 to determine if the clients are using the current version of the plugin.  We are on QV 12.10.206.  You can also get this from the session logs.

Thank you,

Craig Leite

cleite2014
Creator
Creator

I just found out QV 12.10.206 will show the version of the plugin as 50506 instead of the expected 20600 in the QV SystemMonitorv6.1.1.

Craig Leite