cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michal_durica
Contributor III
Contributor III

QMC read, update access to one stream

I need to advice how to set up security rule, that allows user to have read/update access to the streams and apps he owns.

I am able to define QMC section access that user see all streams and apps and I need to limit it to just his streams.

QMC section access rule looks like

QMC_Access.PNG

This will allow user to see all streams and apps and I just need to limit it to his own streams and apps.

Please could you help me? I am desperate.

9 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Check my reply in below links

QMC Security Rule Import App

Limit Available Streams to Publish in QMC

I believe you asked this question before as well and I already provided it and shown with images on how it's done.

Basic is Create Custom Property and rest is easy, just follow the steps I've given. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks.

michal_durica
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Aehman. It looks it gives sense just now I do not see the stream the owner should see. It write there are 2 streams but it just show one everyone, not the second one

X.PNG

MK9885
Master II
Master II

To publish an app to a stream and provide access you'd do..
1. Import an app as an Admin to QMC

1.PNG

2. Create a stream

1.PNG

3. When you create a stream it will ask you for users to enter (who'll get access to view the app)

4. Now if you want custom (your own defined rules) to be applied, just hit cancel to point No.3 when it asks to enter users while creating stream.

5. Create Custom properties

A. Stream Custom Property will have 2.PNG

B. App Custom Property will have

2.PNG

C. Now if you want you can also create a User group like below

2.PNG

Once you've created all this you go to App Tab in QMC assign those created Custom Property to App2.PNG

Same should be done to Stream Custom Property options and for Users as well (add you predefind custom value to Stream, Users and App)

Now Go to Security Rules Tab and Disable (DO NOT DELETE) the default Stream rule 2.PNG

Create your Own security Rule to give access to users as per your requirements.

Now follow the steps from below link to limit users to their Stream/App in QMC.

QMC Security Rule Import App

Limit Available Streams to Publish in QMC

The initial steps is what I've shown you above which includes

How to publish an app?

How to Create a Stream?

Add users to stream rule when the pop up comes while creating Stream (This can be hit cancel if you creating your own rule) Cus if you give users in Stream then your defined rule will not properly work.

How to create Stream Custom Property?

How to create App Custom Property?

How to create User group Custom Property?

How to Apply these Custom properties to Stream, App and Users(go to each user and give them Custom property rule as shown in point no.5)?

Where to disable the default Stream rule?

these all has been covered and I hope you can take it from there....?

michal_durica
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This looks complicated. Imagine I will have business user who should be independent on me. He should see his streams and apps in QMC and he will never define custom property of his streams.

One thing which is strange to me is that I already had security stream rule before I do any tests like you discussed and I would expect it will work both in hub and qmc and it doesn't. But why? What is wrong on this original security rule? It is wirtten from original stream security rule

YYY.PNG

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Can you please explain what you did and what you expecting?

Please break it down step by step...in that way I can help you easily...

I can't tell anything from your image above, except it gives particular user access to a stream which does not have QMC Section resource added. Anyway, please break it down if you can.

thanks.

michal_durica
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I expect I will see in QMC this stream "SK_RAS" and in Apps all apps which are to published this stream. This security rule is assigned to the user who should access it.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Doesn't this link QMC Security Rule Import App answer your question?

Cus I've clearly shown how it should be done with the results too...

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Did you disable the default security rule as shown below?

If you did not then no other rule will work as it will override your custom security rule.

2.PNG

JK_Lee
Contributor
Contributor

I'm looking to do the exact same thing and I think I have it down pat. One thing I'm looking for assistance with is allowing stream owners to add other users to their stream only, preferably without having access to security rules. Is this possible?