Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview - Different App´s visualizacion for users

Hello,

I have a problem with my qlikview´s application: I have published the application in the server and have granted the access to several users but the experience is different for some users, not all. This users can not select neither deselect from a list box where I have the year. The year always appears with a specific value and they can´t change it.

In the same computer, one user can access with his credentials to the application and work fine and other user with his own credentials not.

We have tried with the browser´s private mode to eliminate cache´s problem with the same result.

have anyone had similar problem with an app published on the server?

Thanks.

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you using Loop & Reduce or reduction in the task definition? Have fields the checkbox Always one selected enabled? Is Section Access active in your source document?

Am I right in assuming that have a single PC/laptop to let multiple different users login into the AccessPoint and use QlikView documents?

Not applicable
Author

Hello Peter,

thanks for your answer.

I have published the Qlik application in a Server and every user has his own credentials. The thing is that one user get diferent behaviour and can not make select fields inside the app. The rest os users can.

This user has even logged from the same PC of one user that works fine, getting the same wrong behaviour that with his PC.

I dont have check or selected any special option, only default.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

I would clear that users Cache and if that doesn't work reset IE.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

I tried clearing cache but it didn´t work.

Finally I fixed the problem disabling the option "Allow Session Recovery" in the setup of the publisher.

This options seems to keep the user´s preference in a persistent way.

Thanks.