Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there a way to run Qlik Sense tasks only between certain times?

For example, I have a task that runs every 15 minutes, but I only want it to run between the hours of 7am and 8pm. Is there a way to do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Not possible with the built-in scheduler, unfortunately.

Reasonably easy to set up using an external scheduler though (assuming you have a suitable external scheduler, or at least can install/set one up).

There are various tools that can start Sense tasks from command line, or by using messaging queue protocols (my own Butler service does this - works really well also for large/enterprise environments, more info at https://mountaindude.github.io/butler )

There is also at least one tool on branch.qlik.com that provide similar feature form the Windows command line.

A command line tool is prob the easiest way to get started if you will only use this in a Windows environment, if you on the other hand would like to trigger reload tasks from other systems/platforms (Linux etc), you want a messaging queue/pubsub solution, for example using MQTT).

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Not possible with the built-in scheduler, unfortunately.

Reasonably easy to set up using an external scheduler though (assuming you have a suitable external scheduler, or at least can install/set one up).

There are various tools that can start Sense tasks from command line, or by using messaging queue protocols (my own Butler service does this - works really well also for large/enterprise environments, more info at https://mountaindude.github.io/butler )

There is also at least one tool on branch.qlik.com that provide similar feature form the Windows command line.

A command line tool is prob the easiest way to get started if you will only use this in a Windows environment, if you on the other hand would like to trigger reload tasks from other systems/platforms (Linux etc), you want a messaging queue/pubsub solution, for example using MQTT).

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
Not applicable
Author

Goran,

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into those tools you suggest.

Strange that there isn't an easy way to do this in the scheduler, hopefully at some point it is included in an upgrade.