Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Share an Apps in Qlik Sense Enterprise

Hi,

Is it possible to share an app with other user without publishing app in any of the stream?

Thanks

Anirban

18 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

With Header authentication you can login as any user and see what they have in their HUB view.

All their works, all the streams etc.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/3.2/Subsystems/Platform/Content/Examples/config-header-a...

Qlik Sense 1.1: Set Up Header Auth Virtual Proxy

Not applicable
Author

The problem is that you can only modify applications that are not published. Once published you can only add personal sheets to them.

The My Work apps appear only in your hub if you are the owner of the app, so one possibility might be to change the owner, tell me if it work.

In our side we stopped tinkering, and now we always install a source control / deployment tool that save us lot of time (version manager for qlik sense)

John

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Thanks for your help. I am able to share app with other users without publish my app.

Thanks

Anirban

vmahmomo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Anirban Mitra,

Can you explain finally how you are able to share the app to your manager without publishing?

Really appreciate if you can explain the steps.

Thanks,

Mohsin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mohsin,

I have created 2 Custom property 1> Edit Share 2> Read Share

And I have created Security rules for both of them. Based on that security rules I am able to share now.

Thanks

Anirban

vmahmomo
Contributor
Contributor

Can you also please explain the security rules you have created, what you have enabled .. etc..

Thanks,

Mohsin

vmahmomo
Contributor
Contributor

Can you also please explain the security rules you have created, what you have enabled .. etc..

Thanks,

Mohsin

Uday_Kiran7
Contributor II
Contributor II

Yes, it is possible.

Change the owner name of the app to be shared in Qliksense QMC which is in your "Work" stream and provide the name of the user to whom it must be shared with.

The app automatically reflects in the other users "Work" stream without publishing.

kashifsaifi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for this suggestion. It is the easiest solution.