Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmedadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Migration of Apps within environments

Associates,

Is there an automation process for migration apps within environment. Also if there is any recommendations for from Qlik to migrate the apps within the environments between DEV -  TEST - PROD.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maulajatt90
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Syed,

You can follow this article to use Qlikview12 Source Control with Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Visual Studio 2012 (VS2012).

The file migration can be done with other open source SVN like Tortoise. The process will be generate a TAGs and then push to the next environment.

FYI: If you have a publisher It might be a bit challenging to use a tool to automate the synchronization of tasks in between the environments.

Best regards,
Maulajatt

View solution in original post

6 Replies
maulajatt90
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Syed,

You can follow this article to use Qlikview12 Source Control with Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Visual Studio 2012 (VS2012).

The file migration can be done with other open source SVN like Tortoise. The process will be generate a TAGs and then push to the next environment.

FYI: If you have a publisher It might be a bit challenging to use a tool to automate the synchronization of tasks in between the environments.

Best regards,
Maulajatt

ahmedadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Maulajatt,

This looks very promising, Do you know if Source Control TFS also serve for the Qlik Sense as I have Qlik Sense setup within in our project.

maulajatt90
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Syed,

I have not worked with QlikSense .

ahmedadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Is there a way that we can integrate the Qlik Sense apps management through Jenkins.

Not applicable

Hi Ahmed, I think there is no automation for the deployment of qlik sense apps. Personally I have deployed automated deployment using a thisr party tool VM4QS that have an API that you can call from outhers apps. We create a publication in the tool then launch a command line with the publication id and the apps are deployed in the diferent sesne servers.

Hope this help John

ahmedadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, John

This gives a good idea, at least got to know that we can use the third party tools.

Does anyone tried Qlik Cli (GitHub - ahaydon/Qlik-Cli: Qlik Sense Cmdlet for PowerShell)

Not sure using the Qlik Cli commands we can automate the process to a certain degree.