Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filter a dimension every time App is opened

How can I set a filter automatically ever time an app is opened?

For example I have a year field with values 2010 through 2017. When the app is opened I want 2017 selected by default.

Thanks

Phil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Philip,

in Qlik Sense it is not possible, as alternative you can use extensions but not all extensions work properly in Qlik Sense,

i tried to solve this problem and i recieved a lot suggestion, but i didnt find a solution ( I know what do you mean: in Qlik View 11: you can solve this problem with Triggers:on open > Value: Year > String; 2017.and if you open and close your app, and you have always preselected value)

i hope that helps you to save your time and think about another alternative

beck

View solution in original post

7 Replies
OmarBenSalem

Please refer to this thread:

Default Selection in Qlik Sense

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Philip,

in Qlik Sense it is not possible, as alternative you can use extensions but not all extensions work properly in Qlik Sense,

i tried to solve this problem and i recieved a lot suggestion, but i didnt find a solution ( I know what do you mean: in Qlik View 11: you can solve this problem with Triggers:on open > Value: Year > String; 2017.and if you open and close your app, and you have always preselected value)

i hope that helps you to save your time and think about another alternative

beck

Not applicable
Author

Omar, thanks for the reply. Was looking for a solution without installing extensions.

Good to know that it can be done with the button and bookmark.

Not applicable
Author

Beck,thanks for the reply. yes I was looking for a solution without installing extensions.

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Philip,

i am still looking a solution, if i find, then i will let you know

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Beck.

Nikos
Contributor II
Contributor II

Actually nowadays you can create a bookmark with the filter you need and set is as a "Default Bookmark" 
This will trigger it every time the application is opened. 

This can be used for one or more fields; also, if you filter using an expression, the default bookmark can be dynamic. 

😉