cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting a Qlik Sense Pivot table in nPrinting

nPrinting Version 17.3, Qlik Sense Version 3.0 SR3

Currently have a Pivot Table set up in Qlik Sense, and was looking for ways to bring this information in to a nPrinting Excel report.

I've established my connection and am in the nPrinting Designer but the pivot table object does not appear in the Item Master List under Level's or Tables.

Can you really not bring Qlik generated Pivot Tables in to nPrinting?  I saw the tutorial in how to manipulate a Straight table to make it in to a Pivot table in excel, but i'd rather not have to create a separate object just for nPrinting to grab the data that i need and generate the object.

I saw the object appears under the Images but that is not what i want because i want to be able to create a chart using the data in the table.

So my question is, do i need to create a totally separate straight table just for this data, so that i can bring it in to excel and then create the pivot table in excel, then create the chart using the data.  Or is there a way i can just bring the pivot table from Qlik Sense?

Thanks for any help or guidance!

17 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Piviot table not currently supported in nprinting 17 you need to use a straight table.

kakaderanjit53
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Gregory,

As per my knowledge and the release note of Nprinting 17.3,The pivot table is supported in Version 17.3 but

not supported in the previous versions,for more details refer release note of Nprinting 17.3.

Note: If you are currently using NP 17.3 version ,then there is no necessity to create the straight table for getting the data into the Nprinting designer.,You can use the pivot table object created in the QlikSense application.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Ranjit, could you please attach this release note? I went through release notes and did not find anything about pivot tables beeing supported.

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Hi Rajit

I've revisited this functionality as i'm on 17.3.0 and would love more acces to Piviot tables.

I still cannot bring Piviot tables into an Excel report as a table.  Only Straight tables i've been able to include. 

However if I want to bring it into my report as an image then the Piviot table object is available and will go in as an Image. This has been there for awhile and ive used for Powerpoint reports.

Regards

Andy

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I forgot about Pivot Table supported as an image object - Not great solution though.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ian_brooks
Contributor
Contributor

Do we know if this functionality will be available in a future release?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

The way to go about it is to being the data you want in as a straight table in a seperate sheet and you create the pivot table in excel itself.

sam_1919
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi gurus,

Is this issue fixed?

Even february 2018 version it is coming as an image.

Is there any other work around for it?

Please let me know if there is any way out.

Thanks and Regards

Saiprasad Ashok More

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

As andy said -  you need to create a stright table in qlik with seperate sheet

and you need to create custom pivot tables then only it will work.