Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Storing data of a selection into new qvd

Hi everyone,

is there a possibility to store the data of a selection (out of multiple list boxes) into a new qvd file?

Example:

1. I'm loading a huge amount of data into qlik

2. I'm then performing some selections / filters on the data via list boxes

3. I want to store the selected data into a new qvd file

I found this discussion earlier but am not quite sure if that is really what need?

Storing selection into qvd

Thank you

felipe flamenco

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

attached please find my solution which is similar what is described in Storing selection into qvd

Settings -> Document Properties -> Triggers -> Variable Event trigger -> V1 -> OnChange -> Add Action -> Set Veriable -> V2 -> Value: =V1

Thanks all for your help!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, your plan can be fully implemented, only after the selections in objects of your sheets the data will to be saved in the format QVO.

Regards,

Andrey

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrey,

thank you. That's not exactly what I need. It looks like this function is only the selected values. What I am looking for is the following:

I am selecting data. Based on the selection, I want to keep only the selected data and store it into a new qvd so that I can then load the selected / reduced data into a new qvw document.

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

If do the selection in direct tables and further is stored in QVO file,  then this files can also be downloaded to another database Qlik.

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Прикрепленный файл 16.qvw - начальная база данных с выбором CSE в поле LOB. Файл 1.qvo - экспорт выбранных данных. Файл 16_1.qvw - загрузить данные из 1.qvo.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

if it is a datamodel this is not possible, if you only use one table you can create variables and then use it in Your where statement in the Next reload.This can be a tricky one.

If you have a datamodel then you can use File-->Reduce Data--> >Keep possible value and save the qvw to a "New qvw" with selected data. Then load the "New qvw" binary into another New qvw. This is very much manual but this will work.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Staffan,

sounds quite satisfying to me. But how do I load the "new qvw" binary into a new qvw?

Thank you & cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Andrey.

unfortunately, I am not able to read Cyrillic. 🙂

Regards

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

when you have saved Your reduced copy, in this case as New_qvw, do this: