Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Intermittent "Save prompt" when accessing documents through Access Point /scripts/QVSTunnel_dll

Hey Qlikers,

I am supporting a bunch of users and a handful are seeing the message below when they click on a QlikView document in Access Point, specifically using IE11 with the IE Plugin installed. For some of them, rebooting their workstation makes this go away...some of them not.

We do not utilize tunneling and do not even have this feature installed on the QlikView server. Again, this is affecting only a handful of users out of probably around a hundred that also use IE11 with the Plugin. The majority of our other users use Citrix. This does not happen when those same users use Firefox or Chrome.

I appreciate any help you guys can provide! Thanks!

MHS-AccessPoint-Msg.PNG

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

• Which version of QlikView are you using?
  • Are the IE Plugins supported by the OS? (requirements for each version in the release notes or system requirements in the download site)
  • Are Plugin and Server the same version?

Tunnelling happens when port 4747 is not open from server (inbound and outbound) to client or in the client inbound and the protocol falls back to QVP over HTTP (port 80). You can enable always tunnelling in the QMC, but you cannot disable it.

Not applicable
Author

Product name: QMS Backend Core x64

Client Build Number: 11.20.12235.0 (SR5)

I am not able to find technical specs for SR5, only SR3, but I have found several threads indicating that IE11 and Windows Server 2008 is supported by version SR5 which is what we have installed.

I am assuming the Plugin and Server are the same version because the Plugin is deployed with the Server install, and I do not know of a way to change it.

I have found a couple of threads indicating that this issue may have been resolved with SR6, but I have yet to confirm.

I have asked the end users to uninstall the Plugin and this avoids the issue, but this is only a temporary workaround.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If ports are not the issue, then I would suggest to contact Qlik Support, who very likely will ask you to upgrade to the latest version (SR16) and test then.

As for the system requirements of SR16, here they are (they may change in future releases): https://da3hntz84uekx.cloudfront.net/qlikview/11.20/13507/QlikView%2011.2%20SR16%20System%20Requirem...

For what it's worth, here are the requirements for SR5, I would also suggest you double check them with Qlik Support: https://da3hntz84uekx.cloudfront.net/qlikview/11.20/12235/QlikView%2011.2%20SR5%20System%20Requireme...